Whats for tea tonight?

oh my ! that moussake looks amazing ¬! - please could i ask which recipe you used for this ? xx

It's just a cheat moussaka really, I made a huge bolognaise sauce to make lasagne with yesterday and kept half back for this.

Just layered with aubergine and topped with a cheese sauce. I use 300ml 1% milk (6 syns) , 1tbsp sauce flour (3.5 syns) + some cheese (I used 4 syns worth) sprinkled on top. Warm the milk till it's simmering, then make a paste with the sauce flour and a little cold milk, add this to the milk and stir over the heat till it's thick.

Cover the layered bolognaise and aubergines, then sprinkle your cheese. Bake for about 40 mins at 180. Mine made 4 big portions, everything else but the sauce is syn free so 4.5 syns per portion.

Tiger prawn linguine with chilli. Yumm:)

mrstore said:
Was a bit of a mish mash really lol, but here's what I used.....rissoto rice done with 2 veg oxo cubes, 2 chopped chillies, black pepper, when it was almost done I added a tin of the new Heinz 5 beans (think that's what they're called), half a tin of chopped tomatoes, small tin of kidney beans (onions and mushrooms added would have been nice but I didn't have any lol). When it was done I topped it with the grated cheese and it was blooming lovely! :) my 12yr old loved it too and there's leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow :)

Thank you! Actually been looking for a recipe (other than chilli) that uses those new Heinz 5 beans so this is perfect :)

Tonight was homemade burgers (syn free as used EL mince), in HEXB wholemeal roll, HEXA cheese and a biiig salad.

Used the new BBQ frylight on the burger whilst cooking - very nice!!

Saltfish and Ackee with steamed veg, rice and pea! My takeaway when everyone else was having curry goat, peppered steak etc.....

ForumRunner_20120808_223603.jpg

Going to slice bake a WW Petit Pain (HExB) and cut in half lengthways. Will top with tomato puree, red pepper, red onion, cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn and cheese (HExA). Bake again for about 8-10 minutes and you have the perfect, FREE mini pizza baguettes.

Going to have it with some BBQ Potato wedges (using the new BBQ FryLight :drool:) and loads of roasted vegetables drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Yummy!

**punk*~*star** said:
MLM salt & pepper chicken, jacket potato (HExB) with salad or roast peppers?!?

Ooh I'm eating the salt and pepper chicken as I'm reading this. Having cold leftovers from the fridge (red day). I love it. Has become one of my staples :)

Dinner tonight is crispy chicken (made with dried smash and spices), onion rings, SW chips, brussel sprouts and broccoli. Might have a we bit cheese on my ships for 3.5 syns... Will post a pic later! :)

I am very much looking forward to a large fish tonight!! I might get a tray of salad to go with it and might even treat / cheat myself to a scollop to go with it ( or is a cone if chips a better option? )

Back