Whats for tea tonight?

Red day - Toad-in-the-hole plus mashed BNS and veg with a syn free gravy - pure indulgent comfort food and only 11 syns total to be split amongst 4 of us!! Yum

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kwise, I'd love to know how you make syn free gravy pretty please?

Last night we had shin beef borscht which was slow cooked and served more like a casserole than a soup (it was quite thick). We had it with wm pitta (half for me, so half a HXB). Basically onions, celery, carrot and garlic fried off in some fry lite, then add the shin beef piece, grated beetroot (I grated my knuckles too and they're still sore, boo), passata, a bit of water, beef oxo cube, caraway seeds and paprika. Then cook slowly for ages. We all wolfed it down - yum!

Gammon, new pots and cauliflower tonight for me, one of my faves, might have an egg done in fry light to go with it xxx

Beef and tomato casserole done in the slow cooker, with Swede, parsnip, carrot, onion and mushrooms, gunna serve it with roast potatoes :) xx

parker said:
shepherd pie made from the left over roast beef from yesterday, topped with potato and swede mash. ( My son doesnt like swede so its my sneaky way of getting him to eat it without him knowing).

Lol that's what i do x

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

Philadelphia light mixed into pasta with onion and peppers fried in fry light and some wafer thin chicken.

Stew :D

book_lover said:
Kwise, I'd love to know how you make syn free gravy pretty please?

It's a rich red onion gravy

Basically - slice 2 large red onions and fry in frylight til soft . Add a Tblsp balsamic and them about 3/4 pint stock using rich beef stock pot.

Simmer for a good half hour, topping up watering needed. Use as is or blitz . If too thick when blitzed add more boiling water

Syn free Jambalaya - one of my favourites!!!

Steak with peppercorn sauce, sw onion rings, actifry sweet potato chips, asparagus , broccoli, cauliflower, garlic mushrooms.

Shape delight Greek style lemon yogurt

Had pasta done with lots of veg, paprika and garlic powder to taste and some Quark to make it all nice and creamy. Ate that with 1/3rd plate of salad. I'm now enjoying a Cadburys Highlights Caramel bar flavoured hot choc :)

Back