Whats for tea tonight?

SW spag bol. OH half is cooking it as I'm working til 7 so fingers crossed it's nice!

jasminescott242 said:
Sw kebab chips salad and sw friendly garlic sauce :)

How do you make the kebab?

Xx

oabaab said:
How do you make the kebab?

Xx

fab recipe for you
sw friiendly kebab!

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb lamb or beef Ex lean mince

Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F

In a large bowl, combine the dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.

Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.

Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.

Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with heb pitta, salad and or synned sauces or fat free yoghurt with garlic!! Or sw chips!

Salmon fillet baked in oven wrapped in tin foil with little soy sauce. Also made really quick ratatouille in a pan of chopped aubergine,onion,mushroompepper passata,little beef oxo cube and chilli.also had microwave steam bag of green beans,carrots and peas . Yummy

Made a 'steak' and potato bake with creamy tomato sauce. Browned off onions, garlic, leeks, mushrooms, lean bacon and quorn steak strips, did the sauce by heating a tin of plum tomatoes then blending with quark, seasoning and a little balsamic vinegar then poured over quorn strips. Topped with sliced new potatoes and a wee bit of cheese. Cheese was the only thing with syn value and it was yum.

Christmas Soup - but let's call it Roast Dinner Soup as it uses Pork and not Turkey and also SW Yorkshire Puds to dunk!! Sublime!!

All cooking now

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2707716979.jpg
    image-2707716979.jpg
    860.5 KB · Views: 101
  • image-2074191046.jpg
    image-2074191046.jpg
    892.4 KB · Views: 97
Branston ravioli and batchlors beef rice :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Leftover lamb curry using the leftover meat from yesterday's roast, as it's National Curry Week and we are total chilli heads and curry fiends in this house. It is in fact leftover syn free lamb curry (on EE). Mmmmmm yum.

A4tI8byCUAArIIp.jpg
Photo doesn't do it justice! God I love Slimming World, this plan just works so well for me.

Diet coke chicken with onion, red onion, spring onion, red pepper, yellow pepper, sweetcorn and mange tout and boiled rice. Superfree-ing to the max!!

Baked potato and salad, beans and tuna.

Quorn chicken stir fry with egg fried rice - which would have been fine apart from the fact that I messed up and didn't cook enough rice and then threw half of the veg on the floor by accident :( So there wasn't much dinner to go around sadly!

Not sure how you have your lentil & rice. The way I do it is

Cook lentil and then leave to cool
Dry fry some chopped onion
Add rice, tumeric, salt & pepper
Bring to boil and then simmer
Add lentil and mix
Add more water when needed until rice is cooked and a bit guey
Serve with ff natural youghrt or mixed salad (lime dressing)
I like mine with pickled gherkin - I know strange but since childhood I have had it like that.

This is the way i do it x
I put the lentils in for boiling and add half a onion (i find a full onion makes it too sweet which i dont like), tumeric, mild madras powder and some salt.
When the lentils are cooked and there is only a little bit of water left i then take 1 teaspoon of olive oil (2syns) heat it and than add garlic. Once garlic is nicely brown i add it to the lentils and just mix it in.
I just boil the rice and put the lentils on top. I only had half of it and the other half went to my daughters so only had 1 syn worth x

This is the way i do it x
I put the lentils in for boiling and add half a onion (i find a full onion makes it too sweet which i dont like), tumeric, mild madras powder and some salt.
When the lentils are cooked and there is only a little bit of water left i then take 1 teaspoon of olive oil (2syns) heat it and than add garlic. Once garlic is nicely brown i add it to the lentils and just mix it in.
I just boil the rice and put the lentils on top. I only had half of it and the other half went to my daughters so only had 1 syn worth x

That sounds lovely. I am going to try it next time. Have a good evening.

Back