Whats for tea tonight?

I have had a hankering for some boiled bacon since yesterday, so doing that in the pressure cooker with leeks and cabbage. And I'll either throw some carrots in or make some celeriac mash.
Just typing it has me wanting to eat it :rolleyes:

Spag Bol with loads of super free in it, peppers, onions, carrots, garlic, tinned tomatoes

I have no idea. Housesitting at my parents while they are on holiday and until I get in from work tonight I have no idea what's in! Fingers crossed there'll be something healthy. If not I'm going to have to get creative!!

Slow cooked beef (all fat taken off )before putting it in the slow cooker, potatoes, carrots, peas, broccoli, sweet potato, gravy & a small yorkie pudd (syn'd of course)

What goes in an Afghan carrot hotpot? I'm intrigued!

Carrots! :8855:

I think I got the recipe on here somewhere, but I can't remember, so I can't credit the author. I'll see if I can post it though, it's lovely..

Here it is, with massive apologies to the original author.

Afghan Carrot Hotpot (serves 4)
2 medium onions, chopped
oil, for frying
2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 scotch bonnet chilli, finely chopped
1cm knob of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
Pinch ground cloves
600g baby carrots or the equivalent of grown up carrots, cut into wedges
300g yellow split peas
3 large tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
Salt, to taste
2 tablespoons sour grape juice or 2 teaspoons vinegar
About 500ml veg stock (I found I needed a little more to cover mine but then I did have very beasty carrots)

Fry the onions in a littl eoil in the bottom of a big saucepan and add in the garlic, chilli and ginger. When the onions have started to soften, add in the spices, carrots and split peas, followed a couple of minutes later by the tomato paste and fresh tomato chunks. Add some salt, then either the vinegar or sour grape juice, and then just enough stock to cover all the ingredients. Bring to the boil and set to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the carrots and peas are cooked through.
Serve over plain white rice or with bread and most definitely with yoghurt. I added a good handful of fresh mixed herbs too.

Last edited:
Pasta, with loads of veggies, bacon and pesto. A bit gutted as I thought I'd treat myself to pesto and use olive oil (8 syns in total) and it doesn't taste of anything :(

jojogonnabeslim said:
Sw classic tonight sw chips egg n beans n mushrooms- green day n syn free rice pudding later x

Whats the syn free rice pudding ?

Its rice pudding done with water instead of milk or if you have hea milk allowance you can use that. Cook the rice as normal then add a muller light yogurt to it n sweetner if you like it really sweet. Ive had it without the yogurt n its ok filling and good for breakfast with berries if you want to save ur heb!

I'm having a standard jacket, beans and cheese once I've dried my hair. Feeling sickly so nothing massive for me xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

jojogonnabeslim said:
Its rice pudding done with water instead of milk or if you have hea milk allowance you can use that. Cook the rice as normal then add a muller light yogurt to it n sweetner if you like it really sweet. Ive had it without the yogurt n its ok filling and good for breakfast with berries if you want to save ur heb!

Thxs, will give it a go, stupid question ive only ever bought ready made so when doing it this way do you use a specific rice?

2 chicken breasts, loads of peppers and mushrooms

Back