Whats for tea tonight?

dizzydawnie said:
Hi Estrella

Can you tell me how please?

Mine come out (after taking what seems like ages to cook) very hard and crunchy.....the edges could cause an injury they are that hard they are almost sharp!! :confused: I love SW chips and beans and egg on a green day but fed up of chucking them away

thank you x

I use red "rooster" potatoes. Cut into 1" chip shapes. Boil for less than 5 mins. Drain. Dry as much as you can with kitchen paper and give them a bash in the Pan. Spray with fry light (it has to be sunflower. The yellow one) and sprinkle with onion salt. Put in a HOT Oven 220* for about 20 mins. Shaking half way through. They are superb :) x

Sounds like your over cooking them. Or slicing too thinly. If you're using a fan assisted oven, only heat to 200*

Make sure they are covered in the oil and salt!

X

Think the trick is with the chips, is not to overboil them and to cut them quite chunky, but not too fat.when they're skinny they go hard

thank you lovely ladies - Rooser potatoes I will buy tomorrow and I will let you know how I get on tomorrow evening!! :)

xx

Huge bowl of pasta with full fat cheddar cheese and mayonnaise!! I'm within syns and he's! It felt disgustingly fattening!! YUM!!! :)

I made the Cajun bean burgers from the new sw mag...had them with sw chips and salad YUM!

Xx

MinkyDinky said:
Massive plate of campfire stew with carrot chilli chips and roasted mushrooms. After WI so not until like 8:15. Little snack while I weigh everyone else in of WW petit pain, HexA cheese and red onion. Gorge.

And broccoli and cauliflower!!
God damn I'm stuffed! Xx

image-3564875741.jpg

Indian rice and homemade garlic bread yum.

Sausage casserole with loads of yummy chunky veg made with Morrisons nu me sausages! 1 syn each and wer having 3 each! So 3 syns but sooooo worth it :)

I'm having a green day today and for tea I'm having a Quorn peppered steak (0.5 Syns) with low fat Super Noodles and added mushrooms, peppers and cherry tomatoes. Yum!

Back