Whats for tea tonight?

liyah108 said:
how did you make smash onion rings?

Just cut white onion into rings, dip them into beaten egg then cover with seasoned smash flakes. Bake on a tray sprayed with frylight until the onion is soft.

Trying the cheesy pasta bake from the October magazine. Struggling to get back on track after my holiday so hoping a new recipe will help.

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb Lean lamb mince
Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F
In a large bowl, combine the dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.
Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.
Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Slice the donner kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, sw chips or salad & Fat Free Natural Yogurt mixed with garlic

Wow!! Thank you so much!!!...I love Kebab!! Just to try and find a recipe for free chilli sauce! :)

Chezza30122007 said:
Wow!! Thank you so much!!!...I love Kebab!! Just to try and find a recipe for free chilli sauce! :)

It's honestly better then kebab shop! I'm a sucker for a kebab after a night out so have started making this up for when I come in drunk haha, so yummy! All my friends and family love it too xx

It's honestly better then kebab shop! I'm a sucker for a kebab after a night out so have started making this up for when I come in drunk haha, so yummy! All my friends and family love it too xx

I will deffo be cooking this tomorrow!! I can't wait! I used to have a kebab every week! I CANT NOT WAIT to try! Lol!

x

Chezza30122007 said:
I will deffo be cooking this tomorrow!! I can't wait! I used to have a kebab every week! I CANT NOT WAIT to try! Lol!

x

They are really amazing!! I love them!! With garlic sauce ;)

Chezza30122007 said:

x

Enjoy! Only thing I change is the cooking time, I give mine around an hour, just keep an eye on it, if over done it goes quite dry so keep an eye x

Enjoy! Only thing I change is the cooking time, I give mine around an hour, just keep an eye on it, if over done it goes quite dry so keep an eye x

I love the crunchy bits you get from Kebab shop where it's been on spit for a while :) Need to go buy ingredients in now. xx

Chezza30122007 said:
I love the crunchy bits you get from Kebab shop where it's been on spit for a while :) Need to go buy ingredients in now. xx

Well post a pic tomorrow and let me know if you like it! I'm positive you will tho x

I will!! i'll try and find a recipe for the chilli sauce and post aswell.

xx

Chezza30122007 said:

xx

Just found this!
Ingredients:
6 fresh tomatoes, diced
2 medium onions, chopped
4 whole jalapeño peppers, chopped
3/4 cup vinegar
1/3 splenda or alternative
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoons red chili flakes
Method:
throw everything in a pot , bring it to the boil whilst stirring. Boil for around 15-20 minutes.
Allow to cool then process it in a blender. Return to the heat and gently simmer for another 30 minutes or until it reaches the desired consistency.

Chezza30122007 said:

xx

Or this
Syn Free Kebab Shop Style Chilli Sauce

1 tin tomatoes
1 onion (chopped finely and dry fried)
2 cloves Garlic (crushed and added in to the onion)
Salt
Pepper
Chilli Powder
Good dash of balsamic or wine vinegar

Add tomatoes and spices to the dry-fried onions & garlic.
Simmer for 15 - 20 mins until it starts to reduce down / thicken.
Give it a whizz with a food processor

I also added some tobasco to give it a good kick. Next time I am not goin to put the onion in cause I thought it tasted too strong

Pork chops with fat taken off, mash, carrots and brocolli with a bit of gravy :)

Sooo putting the kebab ingredients on the shopping list, and smash for onion rings!

Tonight is tomato pasta with chopped lf sausages and veggies

We're having baked bean lasagne with salad, never tried it before hope it's nice!

Back