Whats for tea tonight?

I'm gonna make chilli with rice for tea. Hoping it will fill me up enough that I don't munch sweets later n also that it will warm me u brrrrrr

Making a syn free lamb curry, not following a recipe though so fingers crossed :D X

Having rump steak sw roasties mashed sprouts n fried onion mushrooms n pepper with morrisons instant peppercorn sauce....cant find syns for this though

Is that done with gammon or pork ? I remember glancing at a thread but didn't read it properly. Could I do it in the slow cooker ? Sounds lush :)

Was going to have curry night but the OH has now gone out for the night and I can't be arsed to cook a massive curry for one lol. Might just dump a jacket in the oven and scrab together some beans, salad and linda macartneys :) Can't have any syns anyway as used 13 already today!!!

Just been to a butchers who sell loads of syn free stuff, I bought garlic chicken, Caribbean chicken, square sausages (can't wait for these) and 1 of they're burgers to try. They had a great section but that'll do me for starters. Picks to follow x

That snds fab!! I notice on your profile your from glasgow, im from hamilton just outside glasgow, do you mind me asking what butchers?? I really like the sound of the caribbean chicken xx

Hmm, reading this back I seem to have a standard Saturday tea. Bbq chicken, roasted onion, tomato, courgette and peppers with corn on the cob and a few wedges.

That snds fab!! I notice on your profile your from glasgow, im from hamilton just outside glasgow, do you mind me asking what butchers?? I really like the sound of the caribbean chicken xx

It's s Collins & son in muirhead, just had the garlic chicken and was very tasty. So looking forward to my roll & square sausage tomorrow. if you need any further information just let me know x

Was planning on a yummy bolognese pasa bake with my hex a on a extra easy day!! But now have an extremely sore sickly belly for some reason and am now planning on (if my sore belly eases up) just changing to a red day and having a hex b of coco shreddies n some milk, a wee ham salad sandwich n some melon

Just been to a butchers who sell loads of syn free stuff, I bought garlic chicken, Caribbean chicken, square sausages (can't wait for these) and 1 of they're burgers to try. They had a great section but that'll do me for starters. Picks to follow x

i'm planning on going to see if my butchers have anything suitable. what did you ask for? just extra lean stuff?
i imagine the steak slice would be ok from most places if they pride themselves on it being 100% meat...just depends if its extra lean and my god how fab will it be to have a proper sausage...no low fat herby numbers lol x

i'm planning on going to see if my butchers have anything suitable. what did you ask for? just extra lean stuff?
i imagine the steak slice would be ok from most places if they pride themselves on it being 100% meat...just depends if its extra lean and my god how fab will it be to have a proper sausage...no low fat herby numbers lol x

This butcher has specifically got meats with sauces advertised as slimming worlds syn free, and hamburger & sausages all marked either syn Free or 1/2 syn. Think all butchers should do this as they would make a fortune. Ain't going to lie there stuff was a bit dearer but the chicken breasts were huge x

This butcher has specifically got meats with sauces advertised as slimming worlds syn free, and hamburger & sausages all marked either syn Free or 1/2 syn. Think all butchers should do this as they would make a fortune. Ain't going to lie there stuff was a bit dearer but the chicken breasts were huge x

i agree...they would make a fortune! lol. that's great that they mark it all up with syns etc eh.
butchers stuff is always a bit dearer but worth it for the quality! i'm going to ask...and i'm well jel of your roll on square tomorrow....mind the "fried" onions as superfree....oh perfection *she says thru gritted teeth* lol ;) x

would you mind giving me the recipe you use pls. i've been looking but can't seem to find a straight forward one! must be looking in the wrong places lol x

Sure. I make the chilli as follows

1 pack of lean minced steak
1 large onion
1 pack of Mushrooms
Hot chilli powder
2 tins of branston baked beans

I brown the mince then add the chilli powder to stir into the mince before adding all the rest of the ingredients. I find it makes the mince hold the taste of the spices

I then make rice with the bachelors golden savoury rice.

That's it really. Add as much chilli as you like.
Best of all no syns to count :)

Sure. I make the chilli as follows

1 pack of lean minced steak
1 large onion
1 pack of Mushrooms
Hot chilli powder
2 tins of branston baked beans

I brown the mince then add the chilli powder to stir into the mince before adding all the rest of the ingredients. I find it makes the mince hold the taste of the spices

I then make rice with the bachelors golden savoury rice.

That's it really. Add as much chilli as you like.
Best of all no syns to count :)

easy peasy! thanks for that...will def be giving it a bash ;) x

I find it a nice meal to have when your busy n pressed for time.
Very filling too so stops me from picking on rubbish later

bet it does a few meals too - the beans will bulk it out?
i was going to just try it myself with tinned toms and kidney beans but didnt know if it would be bland. i'm gonna give this a try soon i think. thanks again x

Back