Whats for tea tonight?

I'm going to try 'The Big Friday Fry' tonight. My very first attempt at SW chips, served with two Fry-Light eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and baked beans. I still can't get my head around the fact that I am on a weight-loss plan!

:eating:

The SW chips were absolutely yummy! I had heard so much about them and they sounded so good. Well I can testify that they were indeed just as good as they sounded! I shall be having LOTS more of them in the future. I might even manage to convert my OH :D

Yummy

Attachments

• image-874888002.jpg
    image-874888002.jpg
    748 KB · Views: 128
Forty clove chickpea and broccoli with cheesy mash :)

Seems to have become our Friday staple, good solid and healthy comfort food!

I'm gonna have Chinese tonight. I'm gonna have night off plan cos I was feeling deprived n I'd rather deviate in a controlled say than kid myself n go completely off track.

Forty clove chickpea and broccoli with cheesy mash :)

Seems to have become our Friday staple, good solid and healthy comfort food!

That sounds really good, is it easy to make? I have a bag of dried chickpeas in the cupboard and I love garlic! If you could post a recipe I'd be grateful :) xx

Tarragon chicken with mushrooms served with green beans and cabbage :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130208_200524.png
    ForumRunner_20130208_200524.png
    381.9 KB · Views: 91
RED THAI PRAWN AND MANGO CURRY

Serves 2 large portions or 3 comfortable portions.
4 syns per serving if serving 3

1 spring onion finely sliced
1 1/2 tbsp red Thai curry paste. - M&S paste 1.5 syns for whole dish so 0.5 syn each
200ml coconut milk ( half of a 400ml regular tin.) I used marks and Spencer's reduced fat 220 cals but served 3 of us so that's 3.5 syns each
250ml chicken stock made from concentrate
2 tsp fish sauce
350g pack of sweet potato and butternut squash cubes ( I used normal potato and squash)
200g pack of king prawns
1 tsp lime juice
150g diced mango
Coriander freshly chopped

Spray pan with frylight and fry onion for a minute, add curry paste
Whisk in coconut milk, chicken stock, and fish sauce, bring to the boil
Tip in potato and squash mix, simmer partially covered for 15 mins or until tender
Add prawns and bring sauce back to boil then add lime juice and mango. Cook through for 1 min. Serve with fresh coriander
Served here with half a warburtons pitta pocket (4 syns)

image-3551627565.jpg

How is that curry made it looks gorgeous

Oh it's so so simple but really tasty - even hubby loves it!!

It's just chopper chicken "fried" with onions and mushrooms, 2 spoons of tomato purée, a tin of chopped tomatoes and curry powder! Voila!!!!!!
I add in the curry powder gradually to get it as hot or as mild as I fancy :)

Wow my dinner was amazing! 'Toad in the hole'- Syn free pork and leek sausages, 1/2 a giant Yorkshire pudding (7 Syns), mashed made with flora extra light (1.5 Syns), broccoli, peas and homemade onion gravy (1.5 Syns for the gravy granules)
Dinner for 10 Syns :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    990.6 KB · Views: 166
That sounds really good, is it easy to make? I have a bag of dried chickpeas in the cupboard and I love garlic! If you could post a recipe I'd be grateful :) xx

It's very easy and so tasty! It does say to use canned chickpeas but I don't see why you couldn't use soaked and cooked dried chickpeas. Link to recipe below -

http://www.food.com/recipe/forty-clove-chickpeas-broccoli-447759

I like it served with cheesy mashed potato but you could roast some potatoes in with it too of you fancied and make it a one pan dinner :D x

Pizza!!!!! :D

And with a proper base, none of that smash stuff or wraps. Works out 18 Syns for 1/2 the pizza, I'm sure it will be totally worth it as I will be having HEXA of mozzarella on it, cooked chicken and loads of veggies! Plus SW chips and a nice big salad to go with it :)

I do love our Saturday night dinners :)

Back