Whats for tea tonight?

I made a bit too much Quorn and baked bean hotpot with rosemary potatoes last night, so I will be finishing that off tonight with some cauliflower, broccoli and green beans.

Oooh, Quorn and baked bean hotpot? Could I please have the recipe?

Well, I kind of made it up myself. I got some of the Quorn 'lamb-style' strips on special offer from Tesco, so I wondered what to make with it.

In a small pyrex dish I used some tinned chopped tomatoes with herbs, about half a tin, some diced onion, a small tin of baked beans, some crushed garlic and a bit of tomato puree. I added a generous handful of the Quorn strips and a sprinkling of dried rosemary, stirred it up and pre-cooked it in the microwave with the lid on for about 4-5 minutes. While that was doing I peeled and thinly sliced a largish potato and laid this out over the top of the mixture, sprayed it over with Fry-Light and sprinkled it with some coarse salt and a little more rosemary. I then cooked the whole thing in the oven with the lid off until the potato topping was brown and crispy, about half an hour I think.

There was easily two servings, so I am finishing it off tonight. It was rather tasty! :D

HEB Pitta stuffed with lemon chicken and lots of salad and if I have the time I might whip up some slimming world chips with it too... plus I have seen lots of people mention syn free garlic dips that I am dying to try if I can find a receipe! x

Red day : sw sausages broccoli carrots baby sweet corn BNS mash and will syn some gravy ! Can't wait !!!!

HEB Pitta stuffed with lemon chicken and lots of salad and if I have the time I might whip up some slimming world chips with it too... plus I have seen lots of people mention syn free garlic dips that I am dying to try if I can find a receipe! x

If I'm every having a garlic dip I either use the lighter than light mayo, or fromage frais, just add grated garlic and mix well as for how much! It depends how strong you like it x

Bacon, Eggs, Beans & Toast. No super free but ill have some melon later.

Beef stew tonight.. hmmm

Tonight is spagetti bolognese with some wholewheat pasta and extra mushrooms, and some cheese xx

Quorn Fillets marinated in pasatta with tex-mex herbs and spices, with broccoli and pasta mixed with 4 laughing cow blue cheese triangles topped with 40g reduced fat cheese :) x

Back