Whats for tea tonight?

Quorn chilli with potato wedges and cheese, yum!

Mmmmm sweet chilli chicken is my absolute fav!!!
How do you make it??

I love it :) although when I first made it it wasn't as sweet chilli tasting as I thought it would be.
It's a SW recipe:

4 Garlic Cloves
113ml Soy Sauce
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp harissa powder (I've not found this yet so I don't use)
12 boneless and skinless chicken thighs (I use breast)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
A handful of fresh coriander, chopped

Preheat over to 200 degrees.
Place the garlic, soy sauce, sweet chilli sayce and harrissa powder in a smal bowl and mix.
Pour over the chicken and toss together to coat evenly.

Place the chicken in a single later on a non-stick baking tray. Season and bake for 23-30 minutes, or until cooked through.

Remove from over, scatter coriander over and serve with the lime juice squeezed over.

Although to be honest I chuck it all in an oven dish, cover with tinfoil and put it in the oven lol miss out the coriander and lime too! :p

Sticky lemon chicken and basmati rice :)

Hi Kerry, is that a pork joint or a gammon joint you use - and do you just chuck it in and leave it all day??

I did pulled pork last week, amazing. I used a pork shoulder, really cheap and totally fell apart. Adapted the hairy bikers recipe :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Quorn Spaghetti Bolognese for me tonight

I love it :) although when I first made it it wasn't as sweet chilli tasting as I thought it would be.
It's a SW recipe:

4 Garlic Cloves
113ml Soy Sauce
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp harissa powder (I've not found this yet so I don't use)
12 boneless and skinless chicken thighs (I use breast)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
A handful of fresh coriander, chopped

Preheat over to 200 degrees.
Place the garlic, soy sauce, sweet chilli sayce and harrissa powder in a smal bowl and mix.
Pour over the chicken and toss together to coat evenly.

Place the chicken in a single later on a non-stick baking tray. Season and bake for 23-30 minutes, or until cooked through.

Remove from over, scatter coriander over and serve with the lime juice squeezed over.

Although to be honest I chuck it all in an oven dish, cover with tinfoil and put it in the oven lol miss out the coriander and lime too! :p

Mmmm thanks so much!!! Definitely adding this to this weeks dinner!! :)

Hi Kerry, is that a pork joint or a gammon joint you use - and do you just chuck it in and leave it all day??

I've actually just used diced pork. Thrown all the ingredients in mixed it about and left it to cook. I used a pork joint from Asda for £4 last time and it was yummy but wanted to see if diced works too. Will let you know!

kerry2285 said:
I've actually just used diced pork. Thrown all the ingredients in mixed it about and left it to cook. I used a pork joint from Asda for £4 last time and it was yummy but wanted to see if diced works too. Will let you know!

Ah, ta
I've taken a joint out the freezer and will slow cook tomorrow - any juices needed?

Ah, ta
I've taken a joint out the freezer and will slow cook tomorrow - any juices needed?

I added 2tbls paprika, 2tsp mustard powder, 4tbls balsmatic vinegar, 2tbls w.sauce, 8tbls passata, 2tsp of tom paste and garlic. I wanted to chop an onion up and throw it in but didn't have time. I've just got home and smells great! As I have a large slow cooker its needed an extra bit of passata so just thrown a bit in to cover. Meats falling apart and tastes lovely.

I know your supposed to marinate the day before but I never remember and I can't tell the difference in taste

Basa fillet with cauli and broccoli in low low cheese. Red day for me as usual....have some pineapple for pudding

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

kerry2285 said:
I added 2tbls paprika, 2tsp mustard powder, 4tbls balsmatic vinegar, 2tbls w.sauce, 8tbls passata, 2tsp of tom paste and garlic. I wanted to chop an onion up and throw it in but didn't have time. I've just got home and smells great! As I have a large slow cooker its needed an extra bit of passata so just thrown a bit in to cover. Meats falling apart and tastes lovely.

I know your supposed to marinate the day before but I never remember and I can't tell the difference in taste

Excellent - ta, I have all those in the cupboard - so, I'll give it a go tomorrow - really looking forward to it

Excellent - ta, I have all those in the cupboard - so, I'll give it a go tomorrow - really looking forward to it

Enjoy :)
I'm going to have sw chips and mushy peas with mine, I can't wait. If the juice is a bit runny stick it on the hob and reduce. Mine seems to have turned out sticky but my mums doesn't for some reason!

Back