Whats for tea tonight?

It was amazing, Sri Lankan chicken curry (2.5 syns per serving for coconut milk) with rice and syn free onion bhajis. Could actually eat it again right now!

It was amazing, Sri Lankan chicken curry (2.5 syns per serving for coconut milk) with rice and syn free onion bhajis. Could actually eat it again right now!

Could you share the recipe please? It sounds amazing!

Serves 4 (I use all the same qty spices, one large chicken breast, plus an onion, 2 peppers and a handful of mushrooms for 2of us)
2tbsp curry powder
2tsp garam masala
1tsp ground cinnamon
3/4tsp ground ginger
1-3tsp chilli powder depending on how hot you like it.
4 skinless chicken breasts
400ml coconut milk (I used 2tbsp creamed coconut and 400mls water instead)
Rice to serve

Put rice on to cook
Add the spices to a dry pan and heat gently until you can smell them toasting, toss regularly whilst heating
Spray pan + spices with frylight and add chopped up chicken.
Stir fry for a few mins until sealed, add veg and stir fry o a further couple of mins.
Add coconut milk (or creamed coconut +water), cover and simmer for 5-10 mins.
Serve over the rice.

For the bhajis I preheated oven, then grated a small potato. Put in a bowl and microwave for 4mins
Meanwhile half an onion and thinly slice the halves.
Combine in bowl when potato is ready, add lots of Bombay spice mix, (can use cumin, paprika, ground coriander, garam masala etc) add an egg and mix well.
Spoon in dollops onto a fry lighted baking tray and bake for 30mins

Quorn chicken and spinach rogan josh (sauce recipe from the Little Book of Sauces) with rice. Best recipe I've done from that book yet!

Attachments

• image-1109790671.jpg
    image-1109790671.jpg
    746 KB · Views: 113
'Luxury Shepherds Pie' (from the 50 free original days book) with carrots, broccoli & apple sauce (2), doing success express this week so...

image-1994734925.jpg

Roast! Got a really scrummy looking chicken from Waitrose that's stuffed with sausage meat stuffing, with bacon wrapped around the outside- was such a bargin that although its prob quite synful, I had to buy it!!!

Back