Whats for tea tonight?

Fathers day treat ffor us! A meal out at frankie and bennies! I've looked up menu and think salmon, with salad (not dressing) and jacket(no butter!) For me! Any one know how we est. Syns used in any oil to cook salmon?

Lamb Sunday Roast, and will be treating myself to a couple of Yorkshires (2 syns each for Tesco's ones) and plenty of gravy (allowing 4 syns) - can't wait! :D

Fathers day treat ffor us! A meal out at frankie and bennies! I've looked up menu and think salmon, with salad (not dressing) and jacket(no butter!) For me! Any one know how we est. Syns used in any oil to cook salmon?

you could ask the chef to cook it without oil, i did last time i was in and they were more than happy to oblige xxxx

Going to the in-laws for dinner, luckily MIL is on SW too she's making SW meatballs with rice, all Syn free yay :) no doubt she'll have pudding and that's usually loads of fresh fruit with natural yogurt and a couple of mini meringue nests :)

Making a SW quiche today with Quark, instead of cottage cheese - so much creamier. Going to put in some roasted garlic, crisp bacon pieces, fried (FL) mushrooms and shallots, sweetcorn and roasted peppers with a few halved cherry tomatoes. Hope there's enough room left for the egg and Quark mixture. Better use the larger quiche dish! :D Oh yes! I'm also adding 2 HEX mature Cheddars to it, as I'm sharing with the OH. Going to have it with a jacket potato and, either a huge side salad or some baked beans. Hopefully there'll be enough left for lunch tomorrow. :S Just off to make a Half Syn Roulade now, as I have some plump, juicy strawberries in the fridge. Can't believe how much we're enjoying healthy eating!!!!!!!!!!!!

A big bowl of rice with peas, sweetcorn, onions, mushrooms, chillis and Maggi liquid seasoning.

SW chips, chicken curry & broccoli.

I'm going to be rather naughty and have a take-away this evening. Only because it was my birthday last week and I planned to have a birthday take-away but didn't because I came down with a horrid virus. But straight back to it tomorrow morning!

Having SW cottage pie with mashed tats (made with fat-free yogurt) and loads of veggies for the side. Lovely and free.

Making a SW quiche today with Quark, instead of cottage cheese - so much creamier. Going to put in some roasted garlic, crisp bacon pieces, fried (FL) mushrooms and shallots, sweetcorn and roasted peppers with a few halved cherry tomatoes. Hope there's enough room left for the egg and Quark mixture. Better use the larger quiche dish! :D Oh yes! I'm also adding 2 HEX mature Cheddars to it, as I'm sharing with the OH. Going to have it with a jacket potato and, either a huge side salad or some baked beans. Hopefully there'll be enough left for lunch tomorrow. :S Just off to make a Half Syn Roulade now, as I have some plump, juicy strawberries in the fridge. Can't believe how much we're enjoying healthy eating!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drool!

Could I be a pest and ask you how you make this? It sounds amazing. Quiche was never something I had all the time pre-SW but boy, do I LOVE quiche and I really want to make my own one.

Your recipe would be much appreciated! Or, if you've already put it up on the forum just direct me there :)

Drool!

Could I be a pest and ask you how you make this? It sounds amazing. Quiche was never something I had all the time pre-SW but boy, do I LOVE quiche and I really want to make my own one.

Your recipe would be much appreciated! Or, if you've already put it up on the forum just direct me there :)

No problem. It's really easy. Anything that needs roasting, I do first. I usually slice the peppers, mushrooms, shallots, etc and put them in a sprayed roasting tin. I then add some unpeeled cloves of garlic then spray the entire veg with Frylight and grind black pepper over before popping in the oven on the middle shelf for about 30-40 mins, Gas Mk. 6. Meanwhile, I grill some lean bacon until it's crisp and cut it into bite-size pieces. When the veg is sufficiently roasted, remove and gently squeeze out the garlic and mix it all together. I spray a quiche dish with Frylight and, in a jug or bowl mix together 4 eggs and a whole tub of Quark (some people use FF cottage cheese, any flavour, but I definitely think the Quark makes it creamier) and season it well with black pepper and only a little salt, if using bacon. It's up to you but I save my HEX cheese to mix in with the Quark and egg and, if sharing with my OH, his HEX cheese too! Pour a little of the egg mixture into the base of the quiche dish, add all the other ingredients, with maybe some halved cherry tomatoes thrown in, and then the rest of the egg mixture. Put in the oven Gas Mk 5, on the middle shelf for about 30 mins or until firm to the touch. It's good hot or cold. :)

You don't have to go to all that trouble of roasting veg though. If you prefer you can just use ham, raw mushrooms, peas, corn, tinned tuna/salmon - anything you fancy really. I just love the taste of the roast veg. :D

Lovely big bowl of frozen berries, apples and grapes with fat free natural yoghurt - yummy!!

Had quite a big dinner of leftover SW burgers from yesterday with rice and salad so didn't want anything too heavy for tea. Curbed my sweet craving too! :)

image-786072843.jpg

Back