Whats for tea tonight?

Smoked Salmon and Pea Pasta - yum!

WP_000405.jpg

Is that from this month's sw mag?

Nope it's just an old favourite of mine, but think there is something similar in the mag :) x

Going out for dinner tonight at a lovely restaurant near us. Scaring myself by looking at the menu and working out the Syns eek!

Ok peeps help me choose the lowest Syn dinner- here's a link to the restaurants menu!

Supper | The Crown Inn

Ta x

Done nowt but eat today but then I don't normally get up at 8 on a weekend.

I've had crunchy bran with milk as my choices.
Then about 10ish I had strawberries & muller light n I've just had quorn chilli with savoury rice

I haven't had any syns yet but will be having a pint in an hour so that's 10 syns for the lager.

Ok peeps help me choose the lowest Syn dinner- here's a link to the restaurants menu!

Supper | The Crown Inn

Ta x

If it was me i would go for any of the following:

Starters:

Soup of the day, home baked bread 5.25
Butterflied king prawns, chopped parsley, garlic butter & lemon mayonnaise 6.50

Salads:

Coriander noodle salad

Mains:

Chargrilled 10oz rump steak, ratatouille & feta stuffed tomato, thick cut chips, seasonal vegetables or fresh mixed salad 19.50
New season lamb rump, smoked bacon, fresh pea & samphire, tarragon pesto, Jersey Royals 16.50

i'd probably ask for subs on the higher syn things and get a side salad or extra veg xxx

Thanks ladies, I was thinking the prawns for starters, not a massive lover of steak so thinking the lamb and just asking for an extra side salad.
Only drinking water, unless they do Sprite Zero or something similar (highly unlikely, most places just serve 'normal' lemonade) and just got to be strong and resist the puddings!!

How many Syns should I allow for the prawn starter and lamb main? I'm on EE today and haven't got my A or B choices available.
Ta x

Thanks ladies, I was thinking the prawns for starters, not a massive lover of steak so thinking the lamb and just asking for an extra side salad.
Only drinking water, unless they do Sprite Zero or something similar (highly unlikely, most places just serve 'normal' lemonade) and just got to be strong and resist the puddings!!

How many Syns should I allow for the prawn starter and lamb main? I'm on EE today and haven't got my A or B choices available.
Ta x

I would probably set aside 10 for the prawns (garlic butter & mayo) more if there is a large serving. For the lamb i'd say around 12-15 to allow for the oil used in cooking and the pesto which is likely to be high.

When i go out to eat i ask if the chef would cook my meat etc without oil/butter/fat and the majority of the time they are only to pleased to oblige.:)

They are both probably the lowest syn options so i think you have chosen well hun, enjoy your night! xxxxxx

Quorn burger, HEB wholemeal roll, onions, jalapenos, HEA cheese, ketchup (1 syn), light mayo (2 syns), SW potato wedges and either salad or baked beans

Tonight we are having Grilled Ribeye Steaks, very lean with hardly any 'eye of fat', creamy peppered mushrooms, salad and I am having 200g Jersey Royals with skins left on as either wedges, chips or scallops (slices), hubby and daughter are having real chips.

Sounds lovely, as usual! How do you do your mushrooms, Lynne?

Mine sounds incredibly boring now! We are having liver and bacon in an onion gravy with either, new potatoes or baked potatoes. Probably serve with broccoli and cauli and have strawberries with yoghurt for after.

I would probably set aside 10 for the prawns (garlic butter & mayo) more if there is a large serving. For the lamb i'd say around 12-15 to allow for the oil used in cooking and the pesto which is likely to be high.

When i go out to eat i ask if the chef would cook my meat etc without oil/butter/fat and the majority of the time they are only to pleased to oblige.:)

They are both probably the lowest syn options so i think you have chosen well hun, enjoy your night! xxxxxx
:eek: :eek: that's a lot of Syns!!
I always feel embarrassed to ask for 'special' treatment...

If I Flexi Syn for 30 I'm covering dinner and the 3 Syns I've already eaten today... Think that's the best way. Really looking forward to it, not sitting down until 9pm tho, hence why I had such a massive bowl of pasta for lunch!

Thanks I shall xx

:eek: :eek: that's a lot of Syns!!
I always feel embarrassed to ask for 'special' treatment...

If I Flexi Syn for 30 I'm covering dinner and the 3 Syns I've already eaten today... Think that's the best way. Really looking forward to it, not sitting down until 9pm tho, hence why I had such a massive bowl of pasta for lunch!

Thanks I shall xx

I may be over estimating hun but i always try and go for worst case scenario rather than underestimate and go way over.:) xxxxx

I may be over estimating hun but i always try and go for worst case scenario rather than underestimate and go way over.:) xxxxx
Yeh I'd rather do that, still its only one meal out, I've been 100% so far and plan to continue tomorrow so shouldn't affect me too much xx

Back