Whats for tea tonight?

I don't know why I do this to myself. I should not look at this thread, it makes me hungry haha

spicy chicken with noodles, peppers, beansprouts and red onion. x

Last edited:
Tonight ill be cooking the vegetable curry from the Slimming world free foods book, its absolutely gorgeous and ill be freezing some for the rest of the week for my lunch in work

Bbq tonight making most of what's left of summer! Sticky sesame chicken drumsticks from Asia book with huge herb salad with cherry toms and a bang bang style noodle/beansprout salad! 2syns for the whole thing! Can't wait! K

Bbq tonight making most of what's left of summer! Sticky sesame chicken drumsticks from Asia book with huge herb salad with cherry toms and a bang bang style noodle/beansprout salad! 2syns for the whole thing! Can't wait! K

Drumsticks sound delicious, how do you do them ??? x

Sounds delish Kaz im on my way lol

It's a recipe from the taste of Asia book,
Makes 12 drumsticks

12 drumsticks skin removed

Marinade
2cm peice root ginger peeled and grated
2 garlic cloves peeled, grated
2tsp Chinese 5 spice
6tbsp soy sauce
3theory tomato puree
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
2tap sesame oil.

Make 3-4 cuts on flesh on each drumsticks.
Mix all marinade ingredients together and leave to marinated (it says for at least 8hrs but mine will have had 4!)
Bake in oven for 45 mins @ 200 C or I will be bbq mine!

Serve with lime wedges!

Your lasagne looks fit !!
What recipe you use ?

Hey sorry I've only just read this!!!

Erm I fried onions and garlic, peppers, carrots sweet corn and peas in fry light until soft, added the mince and fried until cooked, then I added chopped tomatoes, a good glug of lea and perrins, mixed herbs and s&p. let it simmer for a while.

Then I made the bechamel sauce from the little book of sauces, which works out at 3 syns per serving, it is nice though! If you need that recipe let me know ill dig it out :)

Then just later it all up .... Mince, dry lasagne sheets, mince, white sauce, dry pasta, mince, dry pasta and top with the white sauce, add your hexa of cheese and bake at 190 for about half an hour/40 minutes

Xxxx

Sent from Katie's iPhone using MiniMins

Hey sorry I've only just read this!!!

Erm I fried onions and garlic, peppers, carrots sweet corn and peas in fry light until soft, added the mince and fried until cooked, then I added chopped tomatoes, a good glug of lea and perrins, mixed herbs and s&p. let it simmer for a while.

Then I made the bechamel sauce from the little book of sauces, which works out at 3 syns per serving, it is nice though! If you need that recipe let me know ill dig it out :)

Then just later it all up .... Mince, dry lasagne sheets, mince, white sauce, dry pasta, mince, dry pasta and top with the white sauce, add your hexa of cheese and bake at 190 for about half an hour/40 minutes

Xxxx

Sent from Katie's iPhone using MiniMins

No worries !

Thanks for this! If you could get the recipe for the bechamel that would be great - could do with a low syn version cos my normal non slimming sauce is full of cream and cheese
x

I'm having the prawn and tomato curry from may/June mag. Might make Bajhis.? Side of broccoli and carrots.
Strawbs, rasps and yoghurt for pud

Oh how'd u do yer noodle/beansprout salad pls hun? Yer whole meal sounds fab by the way!

I'm avin new spuds, baked beans n fish fingers, followed by fruit salad - tasty but not as fancy as yer's! lol! :D

Oh how'd u do yer noodle/beansprout salad pls hun? Yer whole meal sounds fab by the way!

I'm avin new spuds, baked beans n fish fingers, followed by fruit salad - tasty but not as fancy as yer's! lol! :D

It's a bit of a made up recipe but I made a dressing using tomato puree, crushed garlic grated ginger and finely chopped chillis, a splash of soy sauce,a tsp peanut butter (1.5 syns I think!) a spoonful of sweetner and some lemon juice. Then boiled up a block of the dried egg noodles (but the thick rice ones would be just as food!). Once cooked I quickly stirfried noodles, a full bag of beansprouts, and sauce then once it was all hot I take it off and once at room temp I stir through some chopped corriander. It's nice warm (had it that way tonight) or cold (leftovers for picnic tomorrow)

It's really just a bit of this bit of that and anything else u like u could add!

Was a delicious meal! Best way to kick start getting back on plan after a big weekend!

Back