Whats for tea tonight?

Shepherds pie made from left overs of yesterdays roast lamb and loads of brocilli, green beans and cabbage! Later tonight my sweet treat will be 2 baked figs and Godfrey mullerlight! 2.5 syns! Yum! Proper autumn food!

Risotto done in the slow cooker and packed with onions, mushrooms, peas, sweetcorn and chicken with some of he Parmesan
Served with whole meal garlic toast and a sprinkle of Parmesan

Attachments

• image-4080584667.jpg
    image-4080584667.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 173
Has had roast beef dinner 2 nights in a row it was that good! Slow roasted beef with mash swede cabbage mushy peas sugar snap peas n gravy and homemade yorkshire puds 1.5 syn for 2!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Has had roast beef dinner 2 nights in a row it was that good! Slow roasted beef with mash swede cabbage mushy peas sugar snap peas n gravy and homemade yorkshire puds 1.5 syn for 2!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

What are your ingredients for your Yorkshire puds? Think mine normally work out at 4.5 each!!

Post WI treat. Either mince round, chips & beans OR cheesey chicken nachos with all the toppings :)

That looks amazing!! Do you have the recipe? :) x

Yes! I just kind of made it up myself, chopped onions and mushrooms and cooked them in two separate pans with fry light, after they have softened I added the risotto rice to the pan with the onions and cooked until they had gone translucent (about 5 mins) I then transferred all of this to the slow cooker and covered with a load of chicken stock, a good bit of chopped garlic and salt & peppar - put it on medium - high heat for 2-3 hours
Half way through I gave it a good stir and added frozen peas, sweetcorn and some bigger cuts of mushroom
Then at the end I mixed in spinach and healthy extra Parmesan - 30g goes a long way!
For the bread I mixed garlic & fresh parsley with flora light and melted it, spread it on the whole meal bread and a light sprinkle of Parmesan and under the grill
Also sprinkled some Parmesan over the risotto

No worries !

Thanks for this! If you could get the recipe for the bechamel that would be great - could do with a low syn version cos my normal non slimming sauce is full of cream and cheese
x

Once again terrible at replying!!!! Sorry!

2 level tablespoons cornflour
1/2 pint skimmed milk,
5oz low fat/fat free from age frais
1tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper

Whisk a splash of milk into the cornflour and stir until smooth, heat remaining milk until boiling then mix in the cornflour mix and mustard, will be really thick, take off heat and gradually add FF. reheat but don't boil as it will split. :)

In the book it was 3syns per serving and should make 4 servings but can adjust / reduce recipe to suit more or less people xxx

Sent from Katie's iPhone using MiniMins

I need some Red day dinner ideas please!!
I don't have my A or B available and only 7 Syns left for the day, so something free would be ideal!
I have nothing in, so have to go shop anyway.

Thanks x

Back