Whats for tea tonight?

I made a kind of meditteranean chicken stew the other day -chicken thighs, onion,garlic, peppers, carrots, courgettes, stock, with tinned toms and herbs. I was gonna serve it with veg but there was loads so just had it on its own. It was yummy and free!

Steak, square cut chips, mushrooms, onions, baby sweet corn and asparagus ?

Penne bolognese with baby corn and mange tout.

Decided on cooking extra lean mince with onions and kidney beans in chilli sauce and serving it on top of some fresh broccoli :)

Leg Lamb steak, broccoli, carrots, little bit of mash and mushy peas

Yes! I just kind of made it up myself, chopped onions and mushrooms and cooked them in two separate pans with fry light, after they have softened I added the risotto rice to the pan with the onions and cooked until they had gone translucent (about 5 mins) I then transferred all of this to the slow cooker and covered with a load of chicken stock, a good bit of chopped garlic and salt & peppar - put it on medium - high heat for 2-3 hours
Half way through I gave it a good stir and added frozen peas, sweetcorn and some bigger cuts of mushroom
Then at the end I mixed in spinach and healthy extra Parmesan - 30g goes a long way!
For the bread I mixed garlic & fresh parsley with flora light and melted it, spread it on the whole meal bread and a light sprinkle of Parmesan and under the grill
Also sprinkled some Parmesan over the risotto

Yummy thank you! I will defo be trying that soon!!

Tea tonight was pea and mint risotto hex cheese with sw chips and vege

Back