Whats for tea tonight?

Oh no! What is it and what went wrong? I 'm sad for you-I hate it when food is disappointing :(

i'd seen the recipe on slimming-eats for it a while ago and a few people on here had posted about it so i decided to give it a try.
as someone who doesn't like cauliflower that much, i figured it might be quite disguised and a great way to get extra superfree in if it was nice.

i don't have a food processor so faffed about grating the cauliflower then mixed in the oregano, egg, garlic and some mozzarella cheese like it said, cooked the "base" and added my topping but honestly, in my opinion, it was like a cauliflower omelette with superfree on the top.

i was so p'd off cos i'd made everyone else's dinner and had nothing else out for myself (i'm doing a red day) so in the end, i chucked some tomato sauce on my plate to try and disguise the taste.

eurgh! not to my taste..i'm sure a lot of people might like it but i didn't :(

you're right, it is disappointing when you've planned something.

sure, there are many things we can optimise...but this isn't one of them... i think i was expecting Dominos lol....might've gotten that superfree in but at what cost??? pmsl x

BBQ pulled pork in 60g wholemeal roll with sweet potato SW chips and salad. Was delicious!

Attachments

• image-2874343863.jpg
    image-2874343863.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 129
Fresh caught cod. Sauce was chorizo tin tomatoes, onion, potatoes. All done in a roasting bag

1381686456297.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I went for Big Mac in a bowl but

I decided to adapt the recipe to kebab style as I find it easier with teens not in on time to serve. Ill try the other way next time

If I made mine again I would use 1 tbsp flour jnstead of 2 saving syns. But it made a massive kebab do 11 syns for the whole lot was not many.

My Big Mac kebab

800g asda ex mince beef
Small jar gherkins
2 small onions
4tbsp kraft light thousands sauce 1 syns each tbsp = 4
2 tbsp plain flour 3.5 per tbsp = 7
Tbsp garlic granules
Salt pepper

Mix in processor. Or hand
Cook 190/200 UNTILL cooked turning half way. Around 1 hour 40 mins
11 syns whole thing

The men had chips and rolls, I had it on a bowl of large salad with healthy extra burger slices.
It made a massive kebab enough for tea for myself tomorrow but I had no time to take pic of whole thing.

Attachments

• image-1994016061.jpg
    image-1994016061.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 152
  • image-384623180.jpg
    image-384623180.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 153
  • image-1530550527.jpg
    image-1530550527.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 155
i'd seen the recipe on slimming-eats for it a while ago and a few people on here had posted about it so i decided to give it a try. as someone who doesn't like cauliflower that much, i figured it might be quite disguised and a great way to get extra superfree in if it was nice. i don't have a food processor so faffed about grating the cauliflower then mixed in the oregano, egg, garlic and some mozzarella cheese like it said, cooked the "base" and added my topping but honestly, in my opinion, it was like a cauliflower omelette with superfree on the top. i was so p'd off cos i'd made everyone else's dinner and had nothing else out for myself (i'm doing a red day) so in the end, i chucked some tomato sauce on my plate to try and disguise the taste. eurgh! not to my taste..i'm sure a lot of people might like it but i didn't :( you're right, it is disappointing when you've planned something. sure, there are many things we can optimise...but this isn't one of them... i think i was expecting Dominos lol....might've gotten that superfree in but at what cost??? pmsl x

Wow that sounds terrible. I've never tried it but have heard good things about smash pizza... I saw a video on YouTube and it looked yum. Maybe try that?

Well done for trying something new anyway! Xx

Wow that sounds terrible. I've never tried it but have heard good things about smash pizza... I saw a video on YouTube and it looked yum. Maybe try that?

Well done for trying something new anyway! Xx

lol...thanks

i quite like the smash pizza and have had it a few times....very controversial when it comes to using syns for the smash base or not!x

I keep meaning to try it! I'm in the 'it's free' camp - I make couscous quiche- but I understand the argument.
Hmmm feeling inspired to give it a go! Xx

haven't seen that! is it nice?

i've never syn'd mine the times i've had it....i don't use a huge amount and i top it with superfree and serve with salad so no different to having some smash made up with salad and veg?
different if i was having it all the time and using copious amounts of smash flakes!
i totally get the argument too though and i've only had it a few times...but i wouldn't kick the backside out of it cos i imagine long term, it would have an impact on WI?
each to their own....so no need for the "smash police" to get their backs up lol x

ForumRunner_20131013_204057.png

Mash, peas, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli. Beef, onion and gravy!

haven't seen that! is it nice? i've never syn'd mine the times i've had it....i don't use a huge amount and i top it with superfree and serve with salad so no different to having some smash made up with salad and veg? different if i was having it all the time and using copious amounts of smash flakes! i totally get the argument too though and i've only had it a few times...but i wouldn't kick the backside out of it cos i imagine long term, it would have an impact on WI? each to their own....so no need for the "smash police" to get their backs up lol x

Lol @ smash police! Yes cc makes a lovely base- make up, season, bind with eggs and bake blind before adding more eggs, choice of fillings and cottage cheese. Bake until firm. Mmmmm!

Lol @ smash police! Yes cc makes a lovely base- make up, season, bind with eggs and bake blind before adding more eggs, choice of fillings and cottage cheese. Bake until firm. Mmmmm!

Oooof thats sounds amaze!!!!! Is cc caulifower?? 'Stupid moment'

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back