Whats for tea tonight?

Chilli and cauliflower rice

ForumRunner_20140216_212223.png

Mmm this sounds delish!! How many syns is in it? And do You have a recipe? Wouldn't mind trying this as I'm a total pasta lover! X

There is a probably SW recipe for it somewhere I think which uses fromage frais instead of the Philly but I prefer this.

There are 3.5 syns in the whole thing on EE, but you can make that cover 2 enormous helpings (and so probably 3 or 4 normal servings) or you can just have 1 serving depending on how much pasta you put in. Here's how I do it:

Put 1 x crushed garlic clove in a large saucepan that's been sprayed with Fry Light, add 1 chopped onion and fry away for a couple of minutes.

Then add as much chopped bacon & mushrooms as you like and continue frying until the bacon is crisped up a bit.

Meanwhile you will have been cooking pasta in a separate pan.

The other ingredients to this are 50g of Philadelphia Lightest (this is where 2 syns come from) and 3 x eggs + 1 tbsp of parmesan (the remaining 1.5 syns). I think in the original recipe, when it was fromage frais, you blended all of these together, but I find the Philly is too thick so.....

1. In a jug or bowl beat the eggs with the parmesan.
2. Drain the pasta and chuck it in the pan with the bacon, mushrooms, etc. As you stir it all together, chuck the Philly in (in chunks).
3. Then pour the eggs & parmesan in and stir until the eggs start to set.
4. Serve!

Probably sounds more complicated than it is, it's really easy!

Pizza chicken! Topped with chorizo, peppers, red onion and jalapenos. Served with carrot "chips" and salad. Yum!!

There is a probably SW recipe for it somewhere I think which uses fromage frais instead of the Philly but I prefer this. There are 3.5 syns in the whole thing on EE, but you can make that cover 2 enormous helpings (and so probably 3 or 4 normal servings) or you can just have 1 serving depending on how much pasta you put in. Here's how I do it: Put 1 x crushed garlic clove in a large saucepan that's been sprayed with Fry Light, add 1 chopped onion and fry away for a couple of minutes. Then add as much chopped bacon & mushrooms as you like and continue frying until the bacon is crisped up a bit. Meanwhile you will have been cooking pasta in a separate pan. The other ingredients to this are 50g of Philadelphia Lightest (this is where 2 syns come from) and 3 x eggs + 1 tbsp of parmesan (the remaining 1.5 syns). I think in the original recipe, when it was fromage frais, you blended all of these together, but I find the Philly is too thick so..... 1. In a jug or bowl beat the eggs with the parmesan. 2. Drain the pasta and chuck it in the pan with the bacon, mushrooms, etc. As you stir it all together, chuck the Philly in (in chunks). 3. Then pour the eggs & parmesan in and stir until the eggs start to set. 4. Serve! Probably sounds more complicated than it is, it's really easy!

Ooh sounds delish defo gonna give this a try!! Thank you xx

Fish surprise. What is the surprise? Well, that's just it. I have the fish but I have no idea yet how I will cook it, so I guess it will be a surprise when I'm done :rolleyes:

Sw fish cakes, mushy peas and veg. Never tried this recipe before so am looking forward to trying it (been looking thru my old mags etc for new recipes as I've got in a bit of a rut with the same old fav recipes each week)...family are my (not so willing) guinea pigs!

Pizza using Warburton sandwich thins, tomato purée, red onions, peppers, chicken, chorizo and mozzarella.
Served with potato wedges :drool:

Made my first ever mushy pea curry. Smelt awful whilst cooking, and when I left the room and came back in again it smelt likse someone had been farting like a trooper. To my surprise however, it tastes AMAZING!!!

Well I asked the same silly question on this thread months ago lol. I steam my cut up potatoes or boil. Then tip in a big bowl spray with frylite and gently stir trough a big spoon of marmite. Then I roast them in my Phillips Airfryer for 30 mins, yesterday I roasted them in the oven instead. So really just the same as normal but with added marmite. They taste amazing, I don't miss meat on my plate when eating these :)

I had extra lean stir fry beef with Maggie's sizzling steak seasoning (4.5 syns per half a pack), red onion and red and yellow peppers and SW chips xxx

Well I asked the same silly question on this thread months ago lol. I steam my cut up potatoes or boil. Then tip in a big bowl spray with frylite and gently stir trough a big spoon of marmite. Then I roast them in my Phillips Airfryer for 30 mins, yesterday I roasted them in the oven instead. So really just the same as normal but with added marmite. They taste amazing, I don't miss meat on my plate when eating these :)

Thank you .. Will be having those this week sometime now xx

Back