Whats for tea tonight?

Lean beef and stir fry veggies with BD Wholewheat noodles and 1/2 a sachet BD black bean sauce (3syns) and a Turkish delight muller yoghurt nom nom nom

Chicken smash veggies and gravy I'm feeling! Also boiled egg, babybel, pickled onion and gherkin salad for lunch, also planning a 1 syn trifle for afters :p I'm looking forward to food today ha!

a 1 syn trifle?? fill us in :):):)
I dont like the sponge on a trifle so I just slice strawberries for the base, then cover in banana custard mullerlight (I use small dishes and do two with one mullerlight) Then I put a pot of hartleys no sugar jelly (1/2 syn) on top then light squirty cream (1/2 syn) :) It's so good!

Tonight I am going to attempt a new ingredient that I have never tried before - pork cheeks. I have been told they are delicious but need very slow cooking, but recipes for this very unusual cut are hard to find. I've settled on a combination of a number of recipes I found online (they are all so high in syns - cream, wine, cider, flour, butter) so I have tried to come up with something that sounds tasty but is not loaded with syns.

So for tea tonight is...

pork cheeks braised, with caramelised (fry-lighted) leeks and onions, slow cooked in a sauce of chicken stock flavoured with a hint of cider, honey and mustard, with stewed apples (I calculate a total of 7.5 syns for the quantities I have planned for the total recipe, which should serve 4, so just under 2 syns each) ......

or muller light if that all goes in the bin! ;)

Corned beef hotpot (2) served with vegetables.

Spicy Chorizo Stew, not a slimming world recipe but has a low syn value, let me no if anyone wants it. X

Tonight I am going to attempt a new ingredient that I have never tried before - pork cheeks. I have been told they are delicious but need very slow cooking, but recipes for this very unusual cut are hard to find. I've settled on a combination of a number of recipes I found online (they are all so high in syns - cream, wine, cider, flour, butter) so I have tried to come up with something that sounds tasty but is not loaded with syns. So for tea tonight is... pork cheeks braised, with caramelised (fry-lighted) leeks and onions, slow cooked in a sauce of chicken stock flavoured with a hint of cider, honey and mustard, with stewed apples (I calculate a total of 7.5 syns for the quantities I have planned for the total recipe, which should serve 4, so just under 2 syns each) ...... or muller light if that all goes in the bin! ;)

Sounds lovely! I love trying different things like that. I've only recently had oxtail and that was delicious - and so cheap!!!

How did it turn out?

Here is the recipe,

Spicy Chorizo Stew 3syns per serving, should serve 4 , but me and partner only use half a chorizo ring to serve the 2 of us and since the syn value is due to the chorizo, it would still be 3 syns per serving when serving 2 people using half a ring.

Ingredients; chorizo ring , 1 onion, 1red pepper, 2cloves of garlic, 1ts of paprika, 1tbs of chopped coriander, 5ml of red wine vinegar, 1tbs of tomato purée, 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 tin of haricot beans, sun dried tomatoes, salt and pepper to season. Use low fat cooking spray.

How to make it;

Spray a pan and heat the chopped chorizo for a few minutes. The. Add onion, pepper and garlic and continue to cook until softened.

Add the paprika and cook for a further 2 mins.

Then add the red wine vinegar and cook for another 2 minutes.

Then add the tomato purée , sun dried tomatoes and tin of chopped tomatoes. Season with sal and pepper the. Replace the lid and leave to simmer for 20minutes.

Finally add the haricot beans and garnish with the chopped coriander then leave to cook for a further 10minutes.

To be fair I don't use the sun dried tomatoes as I dont like them , the syn value was actually worked out without them so that is my mistake.

I added them In because the lady who gave me the recipe gave it to me with sun dried tomatoes in it and some people on here may like the .

Back