Whats for tea tonight?

Cajun chicken salad.

Where do you get or how do you make syn free chilli sauce?

A tin of chopped tomatoes, a chopped onion, cumin, garlic, chilli powder/flakes or even fresh chillis and sweetener. Fry the onion and garlic (chilli if you're using fresh ones) in frylight, add the tin of tomatos and the rest of the ingredients. How much depends on how hot you like it, I usually start off with a teaspoon of each and set aside a small portion for the little one, and then make the rest as spicy as I like it. It can be frozen for up to a month too which is handy as it defrost in less than an hour.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1401650207.023630.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

That's exactly what I done apart from I cooked it for 6 minutes on each side, was cooked perfect but a little cremated in parts so I'll try 5 minutes next time. Thank you :)

No probs I have always struggled with steak being too chewy and tough. I think the trick is not touching it or turning it too much...works a treat... Also forgot to say let it rest for a minute or two to let the juices go back into the meat :) ohhh I want steak now!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ive had another bad weekend! :( I seem to be able to handle Monday to Friday then mess up all the hard work from Friday to Sunday!

Went to the Indian today for dinner: korma nan and all the trimmings...including a glass of wine. Came home and had crisps and two biscuits :(

Back on the wagon tomorrow! Any tips for surviving weekends most welcome!

A tin of chopped tomatoes, a chopped onion, cumin, garlic, chilli powder/flakes or even fresh chillis and sweetener. Fry the onion and garlic (chilli if you're using fresh ones) in frylight, add the tin of tomatos and the rest of the ingredients. How much depends on how hot you like it, I usually start off with a teaspoon of each and set aside a small portion for the little one, and then make the rest as spicy as I like it. It can be frozen for up to a month too which is handy as it defrost in less than an hour.

Thank you. I'll have to try this.

No probs I have always struggled with steak being too chewy and tough. I think the trick is not touching it or turning it too much...works a treat... Also forgot to say let it rest for a minute or two to let the juices go back into the meat :) ohhh I want steak now! Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I made steak again last night as it needed to be used but this bit was a lot thicker and took about 15 minutes each side to cook through, was quite tough and I didn't enjoy it as much. Think I'll stick to grilling it in future instead is frying it. Maybe won't burn as much.

I made steak again last night as it needed to be used but this bit was a lot thicker and took about 15 minutes each side to cook through, was quite tough and I didn't enjoy it as much. Think I'll stick to grilling it in future instead is frying it. Maybe won't burn as much.

You really need a great pan with a heavy base. I got mine with the tesco stamps. Its a griddle pan. Another thing you could do is beat it with a rolling pin when its too thick. It thins it out. Grilling is great too and much easier :)

You really need a great pan with a heavy base. I got mine with the tesco stamps. Its a griddle pan. Another thing you could do is beat it with a rolling pin when its too thick. It thins it out. Grilling is great too and much easier :) Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeah my pan is pretty much done in and keep meaning to get a new one but keeps going out of my mind. Will put it on my shopping list for next week but I'll try grilling it. I was going to bash it about but didn't, wish I had of now.

Pork stir fry for me tonight.

I found my crockpot which I haven't used in years so I have thrown anything from the fridge that needed to be used into it...I'm telling the family its chilli beef surprise lol

Beef
Mushrooms
Red pepper
Onions
Lazy garlic
Chilli
Ginger
Oxo cube...

Hopefully it tastes nice. Will make egg fried rice to accompany I think :)

Attachments

• 1401702485006.jpg
    1401702485006.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 90
Back