Whats for tea tonight?

Sweet chilli prawn skewers with rice and veg :)

Ty for your kind messages, I'm ok not coming off plan because that won't do any good. He lived a very full life, travelled the world until he suffered 10 years of dementia. I'm happy he gets some peace now and no more torment of that cruel disease. X

Sorry to hear your news hun ((big hugs)) x

Random tea for me tonight to use stuff up, egg fried rice with chicken breasts topped with fried halloumi, broccoli, carrots and cauli, balsamic glaze

Spaghetti & meatballs

Little low fat tapas and chicken paella with a big salad.

Steak, roast potatoes, garlic bread & veg

We're having homemade burgers (OH making so, even better), McCain 5% chips (can't believe how low in Syns they are) and baked beans.

Made this 2 Syn Vindaloo last night though, for my daughter and her bf (I can't stand spicy food so this is based on her judgement) and she said it was so good, thought I'd post the recipe:

Serves 2. 1 Syn per serving.

Sauce ingredients: Quarter tsp. cayenne pepper
Half tsp. ground cumin
Quarter tsp. ground coriander
Quarter tsp. ground turmeric
Quarter tsp. ground cardamom
Three quarter tsp. mustard powder
Quarter tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. minced ginger root
2 level tsp. soft brown sugar - 2 Syns
1.5 tbsp. white vinegar
Half cup water

Other ingredients: 1 small onion, finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 skinless chicken breasts
1 cinnamon stick or quarter tsp. ground cinnamon
Tomato puree to taste
1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
Salt, to taste

Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
Cut the chicken into small pieces.
Spray a large, non-stick pan well with Frylight and cook the onion gently until softened. Could start this off in the microwave first, with a splash of water. Just speeds the softening process up.
Add the garlic and chicken pieces and continue to cook until the chicken is coloured on all sides.
Add the mixture from the bowl, along with the tomato puree and the cinnamon stick or the ground cinnamon.
Cover and reduce the heat to a low simmer for about 10 minutes.
Remove the lid and simmer, uncovered for a further 10 minutes or until the mixture has reached the consistency you desire.
Add the parsley, cooking for another couple of minutes or until the parsley has softened.
Serve on a bed of rice.

I've put a different version for Vindaloo on my thread - Delicious Meals with Minimum Ingredients - on page 130. As I said, I can't personally comment on either recipe cos I can't stand the heat! :D

Last edited:
Dunno. Chicken something I suppose. Fed up with thinking about food. Of course there is always the Indian that does an eat all you like buffet for £10. Dangerous!

Roast chicken with roast potatoes and veg :)

Back