Whats for tea tonight?

Home made burgers with salad and pease pudding

Attachments

• image-623771656.jpg
    image-623771656.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 86
Daft question maybe but I've never had pease pudding, what's in it, what's it like?

Its not a daft question hun lots of ppl ask, its a northern dish bought mostly in tubs up here but you can buy it in tins in the supermarkets, It has a taste of its own so I cant describe it. It has split peas, stock from ham, salt in it and goes lovely with ham/gammon in a sarnie or on a salad. Ive also used it in soups to thicken them, it works like lentils .

pease pudd 1.jpg pease pudd 2.jpg
Pease pudding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for that texty_f, feeling a bit of a failure there as a northerner myself ha ha. Sounds right up my street though. Will def give it a try.

I'm Manchester. What about you?

Completely randomly I just came across a link to a pease pudding recipe in an "alternative to bread" thread so I feel fated to try it :)

Im just outside Sunderland chick. I sometimes put it in the middle of a slice of ham and roll it, it makes a nice little snack

I wondered what pease pudding was myself but I actually thought maybe it was a pudding lol. Doubt I'd be able to get it over here.

I used to have pease pudding when I lived in Stockton. Have seen it in the supermarkets round here so might pick up a tin during the next shop.

Tonight I'm having Dhal with cauliflower and rice.

Is pease pudding just a NorthEast thing? I've lived in Durham all my life and never tried it i didn't realise it was a local food stuff. My Mum used to make her own when i was a kid, but at the time the smell of it was evil. And so was parmesan now I think of it and I love that now. Might give pease pudding a go...
X

Food shopping tonight and I'm just home so I'm having a very unhealthy BBQ chicken pizza.

Is pease pudding just a NorthEast thing? I've lived in Durham all my life and never tried it i didn't realise it was a local food stuff. My Mum used to make her own when i was a kid, but at the time the smell of it was evil. And so was parmesan now I think of it and I love that now. Might give pease pudding a go...
X

It think it is hun, as its only available in tins in other parts of the country, butchers also make/sell it but its not syn free because of the fat content in it. So if you do buy it your better of getting it in a tin or a tub. Asda, Sainsburys, etc do it, so do Aldi in the fridges beside the coleslaws etc

Back