Whats for tea?

We didn't have anything exciting but I'll put it here anyway so I can keep track of it. Its was corned beef crisp bakes (1.5) and potato wedges done with fry light. Made some dip with Mayo yog and mint sauce and had s bread roll with it. I planned all our meals last week and put the list on the fridge but haven't done that yet for this week. That's why I was stuck on what to have. Will make sure I do that today. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

We didn't have anything exciting but I'll put it here anyway so I can keep track of it. Its was corned beef crisp bakes (1.5) and potato wedges done with fry light. Made some dip with Mayo yog and mint sauce and had s bread roll with it. I planned all our meals last week and put the list on the fridge but haven't done that yet for this week. That's why I was stuck on what to have. Will make sure I do that today. X

Nothing wrong with boring - the vast majority of my meals are pretty boring! One of my biggest downfalls is not meal planning. Al is retired, and a fabulous cook, so he does the vast majority of the cooking now (one of the reasons I got so flaming fat in the first place!), but he never plans in advance and I get the same old "What do you want for dinner" every day. I keep telling him just make sure it is around 600-700 calories and I'll be OK, but it hasn't sunk in yet :rolleyes:

Oh, and in fairness, I can't blame my burgeoning weight on Al. He doesn't force me to eat it and only I can control what goes in my mouth after all. His first wife always blamed her obesity on his fantastic cooking, but they've been divorced 11 years now and she had just got progessive fatter since then so that's a joke too!

Sunday tea was ALDI lamb shank in rosemary & mint gravy (very nom!), butternut squash roasted in the Actifry, carrot/swede/sweet potato mash, mange tout, peas, carrots, Jersey royal spuds and cauli & brocolli cheese (minimal cheese sauce and cheese topping on my bit). Stuffed for an amazing 608 calories!

We had pasta with weight watchers pasta sauce, pesto and Parmesan, with 3 pieces of garlic bread and some cheese. Was really filling! X

toxicsgrl said:

Doesn't sound boring at all, infact sounds rather delicious, did u make the corned beef crisp bakes?

Doesn't sound boring at all, infact sounds rather delicious, did u make the corned beef crisp bakes?

lol no! they were on offer in lidl, something quick to put in the oven on an off day when i dont cook from scratch. Dalepak Crispbakes - Our Brands - Dalepak
they're quite nice, and filling too. 198 cals for one, which leaves 400 cals for wedges or salad or both :) x

Tonight was left over veggies from last night with a homemade chicken breast casserole with peppers, mushrooms and onions - very nice indeed and the dog finished it off as I was STUFFED! Calorie count = 580

We had turkey with steamed veg and stuffing with bacon and gravy. I am full up!!!

Tonight I've had chicken and Bacon Salad with some Feta, it was mostly salad with a bit of chicken bacon n cheese for flavour. I measured it out to 450 cal

Tea tonight was homemade lasagne, steamed carrots and mange tout, followed by Walls light vanilla ice cream. Grand total of 548 calories. Then Al had pepperoni pizza and I had slice of that so added another 106 calories :rolleyes:

Still under my daily quota, but not by much, so a couple of hours on the exercise bike later whilst watching Wire in the Blood DVD is called for methinks just to balance the books a bit.

Spaghetti bolognaise for me vegetarian style, saves me cooking two meals as hubbie is vegi,I froze it last time I made it, so virtually no cooking, yea!!
400 cals x

Boiled egg, ham and feta cheese salad with 2 small new spuds and some low fat sour cream and chive dressing. Total calories = 419.

Hi all. Been away this weekend in Harrogate at a wedding so not very "good" dinners at all :eek: SDtill, I am back now and back on it so I had a jacket, low fat mozarella cheese and fresh pineapple for dinner today.

Back on track like a whippet after a rat tomorrow!!!!!!!!

OK dinner tonight was ham and cheese frittata with lots of mushroom, pepper and onions with a tesco raspberry mousse for afters = 475 calories the lot

I had bacon chop, mushrooms, grilled tomato. Jacket potato topped with cheese.
Near 800 cals, but I haven't had any snaxs

we had lime and chilli chicken with lemon and coriander couscous, salad and whole meal pitta. 652 cals. i drizzled on some light olive oil and some balsamic vinegar which i didnt count. was absolutely delicious!! was like restaurant food :)

I had an Aldi lamb shank in rosemary and mint gravy with veggies, butternut squash and new spuds - lovely :)

Tonight it's going to be pork chop, home grown potato, carrot, colli, cabbage and gravy

Sounds yummy Claire! I haven't decided yet. Trying to stay away from carbs at tea time so
No doubt it'll be some sort of meat with salad! Xx

Back