What's going on??

cinematic

Hi all,

I'm on day 4 of week 2 today and checked my weight this morning. I haven't lost a single pound yet!? Last week I was dropping 1-2lbs a day and I know this week should be slower but I'm really shocked that it's nothing at all! I have been 100% and can't think of any small/ accidental thing that would have knocked me out of ketosis. Has this ever happened to anyone else before?

Hi Cinematic
Most weeks (after week 1) I have a few static days, I've even had the odd 1/2 pound gain! Don't worry, if you're 100% this diet can't fail. Don't get disheartened, plod on and keep drinking that water!
I'm sure come weigh in day you'll have a decent loss.
x

Don't worry about it it's the end of the week that matters I weighed at work this morning and by after
Noon I'd gained 2 pounds only drank water so relax and wait for weigh in

Hi Everyone...

Yes, I agree with the responses to your post. Our bodies are pretty clever things and they get up to all sorts of tricks [fluid, TOTM etc]

If it helps the only thing I have hung on to in the past is:

I didn't put on all this weight in a day - I won't loose it in a day ...

If I KNOW that not a morsel of anything I shouldn't have had has passes my lips ... It just has to to be the 'old bod' playing tricks with your mind ... DON'T LISTEN TO IT ... it can sabotage your efforts and make you fail... Wait till your weekly weigh in and you'll be fine.

Keep up the good work....

I read something about fat cells having memory and they replace with water, apparently so, and that's what a weight plateau is . A Cambridge diet councillor also said the same. Don't know how true it is but my weight hasn't budged in 4 days either and Im week 1, usually huge losses in wk 1. I'm sure you will see a difference soonx

Found this on the Atkins Diet Bullatin Board
"Fat cells are resilient, stubborn little creatures that do not want to give up their actual cell volume. Over a period of weeks, maybe months of "proper dieting", each of your fat cells may have actually lost a good percentage of the actual fat contained in those cells. But the fat cells themselves, stubborn little guys, replace that lost fat with water to retain their size. That is, instead of shrinking to match the reduced amount of fat in the cell, they stay the same size! Result - you weigh the same, look the same, maybe even gained some scale weight, even though you have actually lost some serious fat."

Wow ... that's really interesting 'Shrinkydinky'... [love the name!]

Can you remind us when we've all feeling low 'cause the scales don't move in a downwards direction !! lol

It's nice to know the facts

Thank you...

Yes its happened to me in both weeks I had days i was the same. for eg week 2 day 1-3 i lost nothing then today I lost 4lb :)

Thanks for all the support guys - I'll have to just not jump the gun and wait til the end of the week to see what happens.
Shrinky2dinky that is really interesting, never heard anything about that before. I wonder how long that effect can last for?

Back