What's going on!!!!

Timetoslim

will achieve target
Well I just went to the loo and thought that I'd do a keto check whilst there and !!!!! I'm not in ketosis :eek: I am doing TS and the only thing extra that I have had is a small glass of coke zero :mad: I usually don't drink fizzy but thought that I'd give it a go as everyone says that you can have it and stay in ketosis !!! I AM REALLY ANNOYED .... no wonder I haven't lost that much this week if I am in and out of ketosis all the time :rant2: .. has anyone else had this problem ??

Sooz, don't start fretting with keto sticks, they are very misleading! First of all if you have stuck 100 % to the diet you WILL be in ketosis. Ketones are excreted by your body when it breaks fat down on this diet, however because of the amount of fluid you drink on this diet your wee is very diluted and therefore may not give an accurate representation of that fact. The most accurate wee to dip is the first of the day when your wee is at its most concentrated. But don't be hung up with it. ! stone in 2 weeks is fabulous, you have already smashed 1 months predicted loss, and if you were to lose 3.5lbs each week you would lose a stone in a month.
When I went to LL we had to wee on a stick and very often we showed no colour change in the stix. One lady got very upset and said she must never have been in ketosis while doing the diet so it mustn't be working; then the counsellor asked how much weight she had lost and it was around 8 stones in something like 6 months. Counsellor replied I really do no think you need to worry about not being in ketosis.

My advice is throw the sticks away! if you are not hungry, losing weight, cold and got breath that is horrible, you are in ketosis and don't need to pee on a stick to check. Chin up girl you are doing great xxx

Agree - throw the sticks away. I have never had a positive reading in six months.
Morning, noon and night - still no ketosis - so what is causing me to lose weight? Ummm it might be 600 calories a day!

GSQ

My advice is throw the sticks away! if you are not hungry, losing weight, cold and got breath that is horrible, you are in ketosis and don't need to pee on a stick to check. Chin up girl you are doing great xxx

Great advice xx

Throw the sodding sticks in the bin!!! Theyre a total waste of money and very unreliable. A glass of coke zero isnt going to knock you out of ketosis. Once youre in ketosis if you stick to the plan you stay in ketosis its as simple as that you dont fall in and out of it.

Ketosis isnt what causes the weight loss... the calorie deficit is, honestly throw the sticks in the bin its the best thing to do

Back