What's going on?!

Caz

Repeat Offender
Just weighed myself this morning, I know, naughty to daily weigh and I don't every day but like a peek occasionally.... I'm 5lbs heavier than I was yesterday morning for my WI... FIVE! :sigh: I don't really get it, I can't understand how on earth I've managed to go up that much overnight. I went on the scales twice yesterday morning, just to make sure that it was right as you know what scales can be like. So both weights are definitely correct. I'd been to the loo though will have food sitting in me still but not an extra 5lbs worth of it from yesterday! It is my TOTM (which I don't usually get as I'm on the pill) but that arrived a couple of days ago, not yesterday/today so would have thought that would have impacted on my WI yesterday rather than waiting for today. I've been completely 100% so can't see an explanation for it. :confused: Going to just ignore it and not worry about it too much but will try and drink plenty of water today to see if that helps. Know it'll bother me though! At least I have 6 more days to get rid of it and more before my next WI, think I might just leave it until my WI day next Wednesday now, don't want to depress myself!

caroline g said:
Just weighed myself this morning, I know, naughty to daily weigh and I don't every day but like a peek occasionally.... I'm 5lbs heavier than I was yesterday morning for my WI... FIVE! :sigh: I don't really get it, I can't understand how on earth I've managed to go up that much overnight. I went on the scales twice yesterday morning, just to make sure that it was right as you know what scales can be like. So both weights are definitely correct. I'd been to the loo though will have food sitting in me still but not an extra 5lbs worth of it from yesterday! It is my TOTM (which I don't usually get as I'm on the pill) but that arrived a couple of days ago, not yesterday/today so would have thought that would have impacted on my WI yesterday rather than waiting for today. I've been completely 100% so can't see an explanation for it. :confused: Going to just ignore it and not worry about it too much but will try and drink plenty of water today to see if that helps. Know it'll bother me though! At least I have 6 more days to get rid of it and more before my next WI, think I might just leave it until my WI day next Wednesday now, don't want to depress myself!

Like you say it not real weight gain, it can't be! Don't sweat it but drink lots of water today.
I also can't help weighing in every day and I know soon I'm going to see those numbers stay still for a couple of days. That's when I'll find it tough so can't imagine what a 5lb gain would be like.
As long as you stick to plan there's no way you can't lose weight!
xx

I've found with the cycle changes I get now that day 3 and 4 of TOTM are the worst for me with fluid retention and bloating. I was showing a gain this week on those days (I'm an evil daily weigher) but ended up dropping 2.5lb. I have to remind myself to up my fluid to clear out that fluid at that time, which is generally the last thing I feel like doing but it does work to clear it through.

In the meantime - hide the scales! :)

I'm on TOTM aswell, was my weigh in was this morning, only 3lb but I was a couple of lbs lighter a couple of days ago, had a 100% work so the only thing I can think of is that it's because it's TOTM!!

It must be then. Have them so rarely I've never spotted what happens weight wise. Feel reassured now, thanks everyone!

same for me but TOTM is not really properly started yet. i got on the wii fit this morning and it told me i'm the same as i was 5 days ago in the pm. id also given myself a 2lb light clothes allowance!!!! i was all for chompping my way through the big milka bar in the fridge when OH gave me a good talking to. ' FFS you will not quit....not till you've had all those shakes and crap in the kitchen, cos i aint having them' strange way it worked!!! im still here at least till the end of next week lol.

xxx

Gotta love the OH's and their motivational techniques :D

I, surprisingly, didn't do the "Well it's obviously not bloody working so I might as well just eat what I want" thing either, I normally would have done! Think we both did pretty well to tay in control and on track. I'm gluggling at the water hoping that'll help. About to leave work and hoping to hit 2 litres by the time I get home, then hopefully polish off 1 more, at least 500ml anyway!

Iv'e been on sns a week tomoz, doing 3 packs a day as came off cambridge after 3weeks ands was relieved to see I could actually eat...veg n chicken hmmmm ,i weighed myself this morning and it showed 3lb loss, then I weighed myself again an hour later and was 3lb more! I'd had my sns porridge and a redbush tea but thats all..what is the best time to weigh to get an accurate weight? I try only to weigh every couple days even tho I know i should only do once a week!

I weight first thing on a morning before my morning shake and after my first wee of the day in my nighty.

Do you think thats an accurate reading ? It's deffo an ego boost for me as obviously weigh lowest first thing,not full of water and clothed. Thank you I think I'll take that morning reading as result :)

Well it's always an accurate reading, it's what you weigh at that time, unless you've got bad scales, so it's accurate. The key to getting an accurate loss is just to weigh at the same time of day. Doesn't matter if you do it at 7am or 7pm, as long as it's around the same time.

Back