Whats in your packed lunch?

cat yoyo greaves said:
When I make hummus I put total 0% Greek yog in it and if I don't want to use tahini and save syns I add roasted peppers or those spicy peppadew peppers and blitz and it tastes fantastic hope that helps

Sorry just read thread and noticed vegan means no dairy soaking and cooking chickpeas rather than using tinned does give a better texture ..... You could always make falafel? N leave the egg out

Ooooh lovely tips guys :) I have made felafel before, and I bake them rather than deep fry (i never liked deep fried stuff anyway)...if i come up with a nice FREE recipe I'll post it up ;)

anyway sorry for the thread hijack haha!

@SkinnieMinnie - I have frozen things with CC in before, but that was food that would be reheated. I know cottage cheese changes texture and looses a bit of flavour when frozen, so dont know how good it would be in food that you would eat cold? worth a shot though - i'm sure it won't make you unwell.

You can buy smaller jar (but more expensive!!) from organic health food shops - they would last me about a few months if i was synning it, as I would be eating a LOT of hummous. cost vs amount though...

Well for my lunch today ive bought home made potato wedge and quorn chilli :) love having warm meals at work but i can never be bothered cooking them the night before!

I made some houmous I whizzed chick peas, lemon juice, crushed garlic, cumin and ground coriander and a bit of water, it was houmous like in consistency and very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

MrsWilsoncroft said:
I'd love to see more packed lunch ideas, my workplace doesn't have any facilities so I have to bring my own stuff or use the canteen xx

Food flasks are fab I have one for days out and its great a nice warm meal without the syns keeps food warm for around 6 hrs

I made some houmous I whizzed chick peas, lemon juice, crushed garlic, cumin and ground coriander and a bit of water, it was houmous like in consistency and very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just made some for my taster session tonight and it was yummy like this. I used a very big lemon and actually didn't need the water. Can't wait to start experimenting with different flavours, I wanted to put some jalepeno's in but think I'll leave that for when I'm not taking it in for other people to try

i really like couscous with roasted veg maybe some chicken or whatever i have about the fridge. :)

I'm rubbish at making lunchboxes! I'll usually have cous cous and salad, with hummous (HEXB) and 4 ryvita (HEXB) ... theres not an awful lot a vegan can eat for lunch without having lots of syns in it!

Get creative and there's more than you might think! Try using pureed silken tofu in places when you might use quark or creme fraiche, it's actually very good and is used like this in a lot of vegan recipies (I have made really gorgeous chocolate mousse using silken tofu but it was rather synful!). If I am stuck for lunch at work I'll often pop to M&S - their little edamame salad pots are free and the Orzo and sunblush tomato ones are 1.5 syns. I'll also often make extra when I am making dinner, then I heat it up in work. Noodle and pasta salads are also good and can be eaten cold.

Back