What's it all about?

lwtblb

Silver Member
Hi everyone

I've popped in for a nose!!

I'd never actually heard of lighter life until I came onto this forum, but now I've spotted the mag in the shops aswell.

I normally hang out over on the SW part of the site, but I talk to some of you in the o/t threads & I'm really interested to find out what it's all about?

Aw, no way!! I can't believe none of us got to answer you!! That's not like our little group at all!!

What can I tell you - LL is four foodpacks a day and massive weight loss over a pretty short amount of time. Complete abstinence for at least 14 weeks. It's very effective if you let it work for you!

I can give you more if you like! ;-)

Sorry, sorry, sorry for ignoring you!

Aw, no way!! I can't believe none of us got to answer you!! That's not like our little group at all!!

What can I tell you - LL is four foodpacks a day and massive weight loss over a pretty short amount of time. Complete abstinence for at least 14 weeks. It's very effective if you let it work for you!

I can give you more if you like! ;-)

Sorry, sorry, sorry for ignoring you!
Aaw thanks for your reply, I'd seen it on here & then noticed the mag, it was the mag that caught my attention, as there aren't too many plans that actually publish one!!

Wow, looks like it's working for you, well done.

What kind of things are in the food packs? Is it actual meals or shakes? Do you get a choice of what is in the pack?

Ok, well, it's a choice of shakes such as strawberry, banana, vanilla, and chocolate, then there are soups - thai chilli, mushroom, veg, chicken, and tomato, bars of which you can have one a day, my favourite being cranberry, but the peanut are pretty good too, and finally there is the new and long awaited porridge, which I have ordered for next week and am very excited about!! You are free to choose whichever combination you wish, but one bar a day as previously mentioned.

We have four packs a day, which are nutritionally complete, and lots of water and black tea or coffee.

Following fourteen weeks if you've lost all the weight you want to, you go on to 12 weeks of route to management, where you gradually reduce the packs and increase the food to a strict programme. However, if you have more to lose you just continue in the same vein until you are at goal and then begin the RTM.

I'm sure I've missed out lots of important stuff!

Thanks for coming to say hello and taking an interest - oh, and also a big thanks for the lovely comments!

Oh dear sorry that noone replied I'm sure it wasn't deliberate!

Just to add one more thing in, we also get a weekly group session of CBT/TA counselling, designed to help us sort out our issues with food. CD do pretty much the same diet but without counselling, for a bit cheaper.

Oh and I thought of one other thing. It's 500cals a day in your nutrition packs. So it puts your body in ketosis, which means you aren't hungry, and you burn your fat stores for your energy, which is why you lose weight pretty quickly compared to other diets.

Aww sorry to seeming to be ignoring, I too managed to completely miss this thread! Poppy and PB have pretty much told you what it's all about but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in as well (as I often do around here :p :D)

LL breaks down into the following;

• Recieving better nutrition through fewer calories
  • Abstinance from all conventional food and drink to help you break bad eating patterns
  • Very low calorie intake with 100% RDA of vitamins and minerals leads to a bodystate called "Ketosis" where your body is forced to burn fat for energy as it has nothing else to use
  • Group therapy through Cognative Behavioural Therapy and Transactional Analysis to help you adjust your mindset to that of a healthy attitude towards food
You have a combination of 4 of the speically designed foodpacks each day, and must drink a minumum of 1.5 litres of water which can be taken as black tea or coffee as well.

During week 1, you are limited to only soups and shakes as follows;

Soups

• Mushroom
  • Tomato
  • Chilli
  • Vegetable
  • Chicken
Shakes

• Chocolate
  • Strawberry
  • Vanilla
  • Banana
  • Rasberry (being phased out)
  • Caramel (being phased out)
There is also a new porridge flavour coming very soon.

During week 1, you can only have soups and shakes in a combination of any 4 types/flavours each day + 1 minimum of 1.5ltrs of water.

After week 1, 1 of the foodpacks each day can be a bar instead of a soup or shake, with bar flavours as follows;

• Cranberry (crunchy cereal-style bar)
  • Peanut (crunch peanut-style bar)
  • Toffee (soft and chewy but a bit like plastic)
  • Fruit (soft and chewy but a bit like plastic)
  • Lemon (soft and chewy but a bit like plastic)

Moreso than the ketosis/foodpacks, it is the CBT and TA combined with the group aspect that really sets LL apart from the other VLCD's around, as it really does work to change your mental attitudes towards food, so you are not relying on 'willpower' to eat healthily post-abstinance, you are doing it because you now see it as being the right thing to do for the right reasons.

In short, the RTM phase is designed to give you all the mental preperation you need to be a lifelong 'maintainer' of your weight :)

The key to losing the weight quickly is the abstinance though; even a little nibble on something can reduce your losses significantly within the week, so the BIG key is not to lapse, at all! Doing so makes it harder to take up the abstinance again, so hard as it may seem, it is actually far easier to not lapse at all than to lapse and then try and carry on!

I was a SW girl once myself. I lost 5 stone on that diet, then put 6 on again. :copon:D'oh!

Anyhoo, I'm now a fully fledged LL girl. Took me months to take the leap to LL because at first I was like "that is madness, girl's gotta eat". But I looked at their website, and then I found minimins and fa da, here I am 5 and a half stone lighter! Woo! Check out their website. You will find lots of lovely info and stories and stuff just in case these lot forgot something (unlikely tbh)

www.lighterlife.com

B x

EDIT: OMG, how did no one reply to this. How odd!! And we're all normally so good on here!

hmmm how did this thread sneak under the radar??

I think pete sumed it up i cant really add to that.

But i will say welcome to the boards :)

Back