What's Makes Minimins A Good Place For You To Be?

It's also a great place to be cos it's full of WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it just!!!!! What a great day for everyone on here and at the conference:D :D :D

It's where people truly understand how meaningless the usual advice about losing weight is. The number of times I've been told 'just eat less and exercise more' amazes me. If it was that simple we could say to smokers 'just don't light up' and the world would be hunky dory. No-one who hasn't struggled with their weight can understand how it feels to always be the odd one out, the failure (no matter what else in life you've achieved) the greedy one .......... There's nothing more heartening than to have people truly understand where you're coming from, to be there when you have questions/bad days and to be non-judgemental.

Hooray for Minimins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's where people truly understand how meaningless the usual advice about losing weight is. The number of times I've been told 'just eat less and exercise more' amazes me. If it was that simple we could say to smokers 'just don't light up' and the world would be hunky dory. No-one who hasn't struggled with their weight can understand how it feels to always be the odd one out, the failure (no matter what else in life you've achieved) the greedy one .......... There's nothing more heartening than to have people truly understand where you're coming from, to be there when you have questions/bad days and to be non-judgemental.

Hooray for Minimins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's so good to read how you feel about this site and to know you feel understood and not judged.....:D :D :D

:) I read ads outside churches like .......
'Strangers are friends we have yet to meet'...that quote rings so true with member of minimins....virtually friends...:eek:

Good one, Oli!!!

I think that, even though we're all spread out all over the shop and come from many different backgrounds, cultures, communities and traditions, we all have one thing in common.

Our overeating and our struggle to combat it in the face of a society that condemns us all as worthless.

It's our bond like superglue!

Good one, Oli!!!

I think that, even though we're all spread out all over the shop and come from many different backgrounds, cultures, communities and traditions, we all have one thing in common.

Our overeating and our struggle to combat it in the face of a society that condemns us all as worthless.

It's our bond like superglue!

And what a comfort it is to have that. It's bleeding priceless!!!!!:D

Minimins is great as we can say what and how we feel without feeling that we are being judge by all the skinny people who think we just sit on our backsides and stuff cakes etc down our throats. What they dont realise is that we need support and understanding from people who know what we are going through not judgement. This is why minimins is absolutely fabulous.
THANKS FOR EVERYONE SUPPORT
SONKIE

Minimins is great as we can say what and how we feel without feeling that we are being judge by all the skinny people who think we just sit on our backsides and stuff cakes etc down our throats. What they dont realise is that we need support and understanding from people who know what we are going through not judgement. This is why minimins is absolutely fabulous.
THANKS FOR EVERYONE SUPPORT
SONKIE

So pleased to read that you feel at home here Sonkie..:D

I love this thread, it makes me feel so great that I am a part of it x

This site is wonderful, the people on it fantastic, the help and support second to none, the humour hilarious, the arcade adictive ...........

that's all that Minimins is and more. Thank you Mini.

Great to see so many more members on this thread every time I go back and have a look :D :D :D

I agree....and its great for new people to be able to see the comments here as well so they know straight away how fab it is!

I agree Kazz and as we have so many new members all the time, I am bumping this thread up again for everyone to enjoy reading:D

Not very original to write in to agree with the previous caller,but I've read most of this thread & can't disagree with anyof it. Since I began CD I've had the support of CDC &now this site. I hadn't realised how lonely trying to lose weight by myself has been(not to mention unsuccessful).
MiniMins-Don't go away!

Well I'm completely addicted to Minimins! I log in a few times everyday!

For me - I'm so 'into' my diet at the moment that, although it's not 'controlling' my life, it is a very big part of my life, and I like to talk about it. To be able to come here, and waffle on about it without anyone getting annoyed because it seems to be all I talk about is really nice.

Also the extra sections we've got about getting our head in the right place (Bring Your Head Inside and Your Body Will Follow) I find really interesting, and it helps me understand myself better. And I like the surgical section as well... And the TV, ChitChat and Arcade! Well basically everything.

I think Icemoose summed it up when he said "It just feels like home". It really does, it's somewhere to go and I know I won't be judged or looked down on. It's family!

Back