Whats occurring?

Bless you shirl, hope you're feeling better tonorrow!

Yeah kind of Donna, mine are 8 and 3, and hers are 17 months and 3 months. Not sure if its the babies or that she's tried for years (first was conceived through IVF) or that there her grandchildren via her daughter?? Mind have noticed slightly, but we've just brushed it off. Cuts though still, especially as my parents and family are all so far away.

These things are sent to test us I suppose! xx

Bless you shirl, hope you're feeling better tonorrow!

Yeah kind of Donna, mine are 8 and 3, and hers are 17 months and 3 months. Not sure if its the babies or that she's tried for years (first was conceived through IVF) or that there her grandchildren via her daughter?? Mind have noticed slightly, but we've just brushed it off. Cuts though still, especially as my parents and family are all so far away.

These things are sent to test us I suppose! xx

Fact of it is MIL are always closer to their daughters kids I think.
Is it your in laws that are the smokers ? If I've got that wrong I'm sorry but if I'm right perhaps it's just as well?

All you can do is be there for your kids, your all they need.

I'm lucky that I'll never be in that position as my MIL only had boys and I'm with the only straight one... I am sort of dreading us having our own children though as I wonder if she'll start treating my little one differently (from another relationship)

Fact of it is MIL are always closer to their daughters kids I think.
Is it your in laws that are the smokers ? If I've got that wrong I'm sorry but if I'm right perhaps it's just as well?

Yeah they're the smokers, think we've overcome that one though as we had a word and told them that it was outright unacceptable to smoke when the kids were there, and if they no longer wanted to have them there then that was fine too!

Just seems harsh on my two as they were here first (that sounds sooo childish!!), and have spent years spending lots of time with grandma and seeing her most days, to maybe seeing her once or twice a week?

Maybe I just need to get real and realise it was always going to change at some point as our two were the firs children on both sides?

I'm lucky that I'll never be in that position as my MIL only had boys and I'm with the only straight one... I am sort of dreading us having our own children though as I wonder if she'll start treating my little one differently (from another relationship)

Aw hopefully she won't be any different with your little not when others come along? Does she have a good relationship with him anyway? xx

My granny and granda aren't my actual granny and granda. They're my stepdad's parents. They've known me since I was 3 and my first sister didn't show up until I was 7. They've never made any difference between me and their other 'grandchildren'. Infact it was only when I read your post I realised they aren't actually my granny and granda lol I completely forgot :D Don't worry!

Thank you both, aww bless you Jenna, that's lovely. I'm sure they'll be fine :) but its one of those things I don't think you can help but worry about sometimes. They've known little one since he was about 18 months old (I met my boyfriend when he was 14 months old) so he was only a baby and he doesn't remember a time when they weren't there lol. They are great with him as well and don't half spoil him, he already calls them Nanna and Grandad, so yeah it is a silly thing for me to worry about I suppose...

Exciting day today :) christmas tree to be put up when kids are at nannas for afternoon, decorations up, collect all kids Xmas presents that are hidden around the house & take em to mums to wrap em (not wrappin today though) then look through recipes & make meal plan n shopping list for my first week back at SW!

Feeling like pants today :( OH and son very kindly shared their germs with me and now I have flu :( well more just a bad cold but the worst headache ever! Need to go food shopping today and get the family Christmas cards....would rather stay snuggled up on the sofa though. Oh and there's both beds to be washed too, grrr!!!

Our tree is going up next weekend....can't wait this year as we've decorated the living room, in fact we haven't finished yet!! Eeek! Fireplace is in the middle of being sanded and it's thick with dust in there, I wrote my name in the sofa the other day lol

Feeling like pants today :( OH and son very kindly shared their germs with me and now I have flu :( well more just a bad cold but the worst headache ever! Need to go food shopping today and get the family Christmas cards....would rather stay snuggled up on the sofa though. Oh and there's both beds to be washed too, grrr!!!

Our tree is going up next weekend....can't wait this year as we've decorated the living room, in fact we haven't finished yet!! Eeek! Fireplace is in the middle of being sanded and it's thick with dust in there, I wrote my name in the sofa the other day lol

Awwwwww, hope you're feeling better soon. I'm sure the fireplace will be ready for next week & you'll not be ill & all will be well in:D

I'm off to get my Sunday shower in a mo (body scrub, facemask, foot & body cream), then Asda & Boots with DS, catch up on my sewing jobs, then ironing, I'd like to fit in some reading today, I'm sure I will as OH has gone to watch football & he'll not be back until later & DS is going back about 4pm so I'll have a nice few hours on my own.

Im still sitting in my pjs and dressing gown, I put the slow cooker on last night so the meat is done for lunch just gotta do the veg and puddings now, then a lazy afternoon as the boys will be watching the footie and its toooooooooooooo cold to do anything lol

Little at settling in session at new nursery AM them at other nursery PM, other 2 at school, this aft I need to sort presents that I didn't get chance to yesterday then take daughter dancing... Ooooh and restart SW today :D

Having a relaxing coffee before its time for the mayhem of getting little one ready for school. At the moment he's getting all excited talking about his advent calendar and the presents under the tree... he's already sussed that he has a DVD lol.
Once I've dropped him off I'm going to attempt some time on the crosstrainer to see if it will get rid of my star week cramps, then I have some wrapping for ebay and will have to walk down to the post office to post them and will have a look in my fruit and veg shop and hopefully pick up some nice bits from there :)

Making cakea for older charge to take to the Xmas pyjama party at beavers tonight. Bit of housework and lots of washing then finish work at 2.30 :) no relaxing afternoon for me though, need to go to hospital for my 8 week discharge follow up appointment so need to have chest xray, lung function tests the works. Hopefully will still be home much earlier than I would if I was at work all day which is a nice bonus!

Sat at work when I just want to be snuggled on the sofa at home watching Christmas films! Full of cold...and i also have the dentist tonight :(

Just having a 10 minute sit down in work.....if I don't I might fall down, think I've done too much today....don't feel well at all :(

Back