Red Days whats on your red day menu?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sarahb-84, 27 May 2014.

1. sarahb-84

sarahb-84 Well-Known Member

Thinking of giving red days a go as im not losing on EE.

Please can u share your ideas of a typical day.

I will be using my B choice on potatoes, bread, pasta as i need some carbs in each meal as im diabetic

2. josephsmummy

josephsmummy Well-Known Member

I haven't really had many red days but this is what I had last time I did one.

Breakfast - magic porridge (hex b) with melon.

Lunch - salad with grated cheese (hex a) and 2 quorn sausages

Tea- hunters chicken (3 and 1/2 syns) and mixed veg

Snacks - cups of tea with milk (hex a)
    Hi-fi bar (hex b)
  3. heartshapedanythings

heartshapedanythings Well-Known Member

I'm keen to give red days a go. Need to dig my book out and have a good read!!!!!!
  4. eejayess

eejayess Well-Known Member

Hi, there is a red day thread in the recipe section where others post their daily menus, they may help with ideas.
  5. tafflass

tafflass Well-Known Member

On a red day my meals would be something like....

Breakfast.....bacon,tinned tomatoes,eggs,toast(heB)

Lunch....... Ham,salad,pickled onions,beetroot,cheese(HeA), muller light,banana

Tea......salmon or chicken,roast veg(courgettes,peppers,toms,onions),hassle back pots(HeB2)
  6. *EB*

*EB* Well-Known Member

Perfect Red day for me would be:

Brekkie - Bacon, Eggs, Mushrooms and tomatoes - topped with cheese (hea1) Toast (heb1)

Lunch - Warm chicken and bacon salad - with gherkins, mayo (synned) and lettuce and tomato.

Dinner - Homemade burgers topped with cheese (hea2) and served with veggies and SW Chips (using HEB2)

Snacks - Fruit sticks, and fat free yoghurt.

Hope this helps. x
  7. MagicBeans23

MagicBeans23 Well-Known Member

Use the recipes section on here and on SW site, there are some great ideas. I drop onto red days when I feel bloated and don't always find the ideas flow that well. Here's what I had today....

B- Alpen light bar (heb1)

Snack: fruit and fat free yoghurt

L: ham and cheese (hea1) salad (plus crisps for 5 syns)

D: gammon, egg and beans (heb2)
  8. MagicBeans23

MagicBeans23 Well-Known Member

Cottage pie with carrot and suede topping is nice. Any kind of meat and veg combo works, I sometimes have potatoes as heb, or sometimes just pile on the veg!

The SW big daddy burger is nice, I don't have it with a bun, just on its own with salad (again, carbs optional)

Chicken and bacon salad, or chicken stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon.

Mixed grill.

For lunches when I don't fancy salad I use my heb for bread and have a ham and cheese (hea) salad sandwich. Or substitute the ham for chicken. Take out the cheese if you wish.
  9. sarahb-84

sarahb-84 Well-Known Member

thanks for all your ideas :)
  10. shezam

shezam Well-Known Member

tonight i'm having chicken stir fry, instead of noodles going to have it on a bed of beansprouts! x