what's the difference between the old 2010 plan and the new 2012 plan?

Blessings

HI,
I'm wondering if you can help. I'm back to slimming world after a break into calorie counting and other things!
Since I've been gone, there seems to be a new plan: the 2012 version.
I usually like to follow the original or what was called red plan. And would like to know if there is any difference to the old one.
Thanks!

TMK there are no new plans - SW still have the 3 - Red (Original), Green & Extra Easy. I joined in 2010 and EE was about then so I know you can't mean that one.

What has changed and this might be what you have heard, is that some of the Healthy Extra allowances have increased (don't think any went down). .The one that specifically affected me was the porridge oats allowance went up to 35g of dry oats and no need to add a scan bran or ryvita to make up the HEb. .Milk & cheese allowances have also increased - check out the Healthy Extra thread for more details.

HI Minimunchkins,
Thanks for answering. I'd been looking on ebay and saw there was a newer looking booklet. And I'd also heard about the Healthy Extra allowances increasing (better than decreasing), so I'll check out the Healthy Extra threads for more details as you suggested. Thanks. Hey, I quite like the idea of more food! I'd switched to calorie counting for a while and then just got bored. I'm not a fast looser anyway. But needed more stimulation to diet. Thanks again!

Hi,

I think some HEs decreased. I know weetabix crunchy bran went from 42g to 35g. That's the only one I've noticed x

Tomato purée is now free - even super free I think

Sophie, and Nettie,
Thanks for your replies.... ooops I'd not been counting tom puree anyway..... he he! The products that contain gluten don't bother me, cos I cant eat them. But I'm a cheese feind!

Blessings said:
Sophie, and Nettie,
Thanks for your replies.... ooops I'd not been counting tom puree anyway..... he he! The products that contain gluten don't bother me, cos I cant eat them. But I'm a cheese feind!

If you like cheese, make your own!! There is a recipe thread on home made soft cheese for virtually no syns. I made a Boursin style cheese last week and it was AMAZING! :)

Cheers marstlaylor. Is that the one that's made from yoghurt. I was looking at that.
I think I'll make some cos I've got a cheese head on me!! I woke up thinking about eating a whole packet of feta! I think I over exercised yesterday and I'm HUNGRY!

Blessings said:
Cheers marstlaylor. Is that the one that's made from yoghurt. I was looking at that.
I think I'll make some cos I've got a cheese head on me!! I woke up thinking about eating a whole packet of feta! I think I over exercised yesterday and I'm HUNGRY!

Yes that's the one. I made it with garlic purée and lots of snipped chives from the garden. Plenty of salt and pepper and it is incredible. So easy! Let me know what you make. :)

I just stuck a load in the fridge and I'm waiting for it to be ready..... tomorrow now I guess. I opted for garlic and herb..... yum yum. just wanna eat it nowwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

Blessings said:
I just stuck a load in the fridge and I'm waiting for it to be ready..... tomorrow now I guess. I opted for garlic and herb..... yum yum. just wanna eat it nowwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

It's ready now!! :)

Wow! it was fab! Very tasty indeed. I'm going to buy some more yoghurt today and make more! Any ideas what other flavours would be good. I also imagine this would be good in a cheese cake with the right flavourings.

Funnily enough I made an utterly plain version last night that I want to try and turn into a cheesecake today!! Was going to use sweetener lemon zest and juice and an alpen as the base maybe? My cheese is quite dry so I'm thinking I could beat an egg in and bake it new York style as well??

Back