What's the hardest thing you find on exante?

Underthesea

I am doing the working solution so I'm not really missing foods that much (although I am dying for some fruit!!!) but I find that the constipation is the worst part ever, to the extent that it really makes me wonder whether I can keep it up :confused:
I drink gallons of water, take one sachet of fibre water a day, psyllium husk AND dulcoease a couple of times and still find it a daily struggle (sorry about the TMI!!! :eek:)

How about you guys... What's the hardest thing for you?

The hardest thing for me is watching everyone eat and smelling the food they are eating whilst I sip my cack tasting shake! LOL

I cant wait to eat a proper meal again!

On week 9 now and I think I have found the hardest park is the lack of social life. Although there are some friends that have been fantastic others have been rubbish and becuase Im not going out for meals or drinking they have taken the huff which is a bit sad. So I guess thats one of the hardest things.

I love how much Ive learnt about myself and others though!

I agree with all of the above but another of the hardest things for me sometimes is drinking all the water. Some days I can drink it no problem and other days I find it hard to stomach :(

flab-buster said:
The hardest thing for me is watching everyone eat and smelling the food they are eating whilst I sip my cack tasting shake! LOL

I cant wait to eat a proper meal again!

I really struggle with watching my daughter eating even though she eats VERY healthy foods. If I pretend to eat some of hers or steal a broccoli tree or something she'll tell me no - 'eat your mouldy old milkshake mummy!' She's only two and a half!! how does she know they taste so cack?!? I'm grateful that she's not old enough to understand why mummy is drinking mouldy old milkshakes (I've never described them as such to her!) or as she gets older, have any memory of mummy doing so.

Cx

Oooh they are all really good hard things!!! I agree with all of them, I've had to turn down a couple of invitations, but it's only been a week so not too bad so far, but I can imagine that after a few weeks I'll be feeling very deprived!!
Yeah the water thing can be hard, I literally never drank any water at all before this so it's defo a challenge but I am trying to get used to it, at least my skin is looking lovely and clear though!
The smell of food is difficult too, I just spend all my time planning the day when I can have these meals, I literally have a list of a hundred meals just waiting for when I am a ten!!
Still, it will all be worthwhile in the end when we're all mega skinny minnies!!

The smell of food is difficult too, I just spend all my time planning the day when I can have these meals, I literally have a list of a hundred meals just waiting for when I am a ten!!

Just wait I am on week 9 and lost all intrest in food! I used to clock watch awaiting the time for my next packs but NOW sometimes its 9pm @ night and I realise I still have two to have! It gets so much easier promise!

Underthesea said:
I am doing the working solution so I'm not really missing foods that much (although I am dying for some fruit!!!) but I find that the constipation is the worst part ever, to the extent that it really makes me wonder whether I can keep it up :confused:
I drink gallons of water, take one sachet of fibre water a day, psyllium husk AND dulcoease a couple of times and still find it a daily struggle (sorry about the TMI!!! :eek:)

How about you guys... What's the hardest thing for you?

When I first started the constipation was so bad I really had to think about whether it was worth it. Since I have started having a bar a day it is much more manageable and I rarely have to use laxatives. I tried the psyllium husks and didn't find they had any effect on me, a total waste of time really. Are you having bars or just soups and shakes?

I am finding my slow losses more difficult than any other part, next is the water intake, I did some TS but it didn't suit me at all, and since I started on WS I feel so much fuller and don't feel as thirsty. I've been on Exante for 7.5 weeks now and I've barely lost a stone, yeah I'm slimmer, yeah I look and feel better but I really expected this to be faster, it's really disheartening getting on the scales each week and seeing one point something has come off.

Yeah I agree that can be quite disheartening, I lost loads the first week and am now on day 5 of second week and have only lost about 1.5 lbs, so nowhere near as good as first week :( but still, a loss is a loss and if I were doing SW or WW I'd be over the moon-- and I still have 2 days to go, so who knows...
I am also doing working solution, not total solution, I just know that I wouldn't stick to total simply because I have quite a sociable life and go out a bit, and also I have a 2.5 year old that I like to sit down and have meals with (in the evening, at lunch he's at nursery) so that he doesn't grow up with any of my freaky eating habits!
It's weird, I can still remember my own mum just living off slim fast shakes for weeks on end when I was little, she wouldn't have meals with me and my dad, just drink these revolting shakes. I know she never meant to traumatise me (hahaha) but I honestly remember thinking "is she crazy?" and now here I am, doing the same!!
So yeah, I don't want my son to realise what's going on. My plan is to lose the weight and then go on to a strong maintenance plan and keep it off forever, without really talking about it, making an issue of food, or yoyo dieting, if you know what I mean...
Basically, I know my mum would be mortified if she knew I think this but I reckon a lot of my eating issues come from her. She has been on a constant diet my whole entire life, and tells us every day (and has always done this) how fat and disgusting she is. The crazy thing is that my mum has never been bigger than a 14, maybe a 16 at a stretch after having my sister, but even that isn't really what I'd call 'fat and disgusting'! But in her mind, she is this massive fat thing, and she constantly obsesses about her diet, and slimming down for this, that or the other.
For years growing up I just assumed my mum was fat, because she told us so often! One day we were looking back at old photos and I just realised she had actually never been fat! All those years she has wasted (and still does) thinking how minging she is, when she was (and is) actually lovely... Really sad and brought tears to my eyes when I realised...

So anyway, my mum did put me on a diet when I was a teenager (and I wasn't actually fat, only 58 kilos at 15) which began the endless cycle I'm breaking out of now, at 35... Oh dear! Don't get me wrong, ive had a load of fun over the years and ive been slim a few times too, and I don't think I'm delusional like my mum (although I have my moments hahaha) but now is the time to put an end to this, definitively. Otherwise I'll be 65 and telling everyone how rancid I am-- no way! I'm gonna be a hot mama!

How about you guys? Have your parents (even inadvertently) affected your weight?

Xxxxxxxx

The thing is you are not going to poo like you used to, as you just aren't eating any volume. I know I actually really missed going! Lol

Sent from my Nexus One using MiniMins

Underthesea - that's quite sad about your mum, for her to not see how she really looks. Makes you wonder where that might have come from for her doesn't it?

Hardest thing for me is realising how much temptation there is around me and feeling like I've been "singled" out even though it's all my own doing and for my own good. That and the fact I went to McDonald's w/oh and my nephew last night and they are no longer doings Coke Zero!!!

Hardest thing for me is not driving down to Tesco, getting a crate of beer and stopping off at McDonalds on the way back up. Managed to resist so far. lol

I really struggle with watching my daughter eating even though she eats VERY healthy foods. If I pretend to eat some of hers or steal a broccoli tree or something she'll tell me no - 'eat your mouldy old milkshake mummy!' She's only two and a half!! how does she know they taste so cack?!? I'm grateful that she's not old enough to understand why mummy is drinking mouldy old milkshakes (I've never described them as such to her!) or as she gets older, have any memory of mummy doing so.

Cx

My children know what mine is for, they usually get the shake powder, coffee, ice and water ready for me and help me blend the shakes. I usually end up making them a fruit smoothie after because they want a reward for helping me :rolleyes:

Divster said:
Underthesea - that's quite sad about your mum, for her to not see how she really looks. Makes you wonder where that might have come from for her doesn't it?

I know!! I have no idea where it's come from!! My nanny used to be quite plump but my mum never implied in any way that she saw that as negative... Very strange! The only thing I can think is that she used to be a size 6/8 model before having kids and stuff, so I think she constantly fought/fights to get back there... But I dunno... A least I don't have that problem, I've never been really thin, or had an 'amazing figure' to speak of so I guess its a case of not missing what you've never had hahaha!

We've all got our demons to fight in this life, I suppose it's how we fight them that defines us...

Btw, I sort of miss "going" too hahaha, although it does seem to have sorted itself out down there much more since I upped the psyllium and started on a sachet of water soluble fibre a day!

Oh well, another day, another sachet hahaha xxxx

flab-buster said:
My children know what mine is for, they usually get the shake powder, coffee, ice and water ready for me and help me blend the shakes. I usually end up making them a fruit smoothie after because they want a reward for helping me :rolleyes:

Nice work, I suppose if you get them involved it makes it a fun thing and you're not hiding away sipping them miserably in the corner, I don't know how you manage to make a smoothie fr them though, I miss fruit soooooooo much it's torture even getting my boy a bowl of strawberries!

Back