Whats the lowdown on the lowdown on the chicken?!

Discussion in 'Exante' started by slinkybride2be, 24 May 2011 Social URL.

1. slinkybride2be

slinkybride2be Silver Member

So I have read quite a few posts now about how people have felt peckish but it was ok as they just had some chicken? Is this allowed occasionally? I wouldn't consider it for a second if it's going to prevent my loss but I was just curious as last night I ha a major craving for a quorn chicken fillet! Lol x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. foodjunkie10

foodjunkie10 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    Who Knows!!
    I dont really think its wise if you are on ts. but it wont knock you out if ketosis as long as that is all you eat. I think the reason people are against it is a nibble of chicken can lead to other things, but if you feel like you can eat just a little chicken and not want more then go for it :)

4. DustQueen

DustQueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.84%)
    It won't knock you out of ketosis, but I do find it affects my losses

5. cybill

cybill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    The losses are affected by calories, so the more calories you eat the less weight you'll lose. Personally I love having a bit of chicken now and then, and really enjoy it. It will let you stay in ketosis (although no idea about quorn, but assuming that's also very low carb then you'll be fine)

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    It wont affect ketosis nor will it affect your losses if its only a little bit. and if its going to keep you on the straight and narrow, its well worth it

7. Jubbly

Jubbly Loves Minimins long time

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.74%)
    Diet:
    Exante/previous Cambridge/yo-yo!
    It really depends on your attitude to the diet - I wouldn't have dreamt on nibbling things when I first went on Cambridge but this time I usually have some chicken or tuna every day, because I am OK to have lower losses (don't think it makes that much difference anyway), I know I can stop and I have less to lose. xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.