Whats the lowdown on the lowdown on the chicken?!

slinkybride2be

Silver Member
So I have read quite a few posts now about how people have felt peckish but it was ok as they just had some chicken? Is this allowed occasionally? I wouldn't consider it for a second if it's going to prevent my loss but I was just curious as last night I ha a major craving for a quorn chicken fillet! Lol x

I dont really think its wise if you are on ts. but it wont knock you out if ketosis as long as that is all you eat. I think the reason people are against it is a nibble of chicken can lead to other things, but if you feel like you can eat just a little chicken and not want more then go for it :)

It won't knock you out of ketosis, but I do find it affects my losses

The losses are affected by calories, so the more calories you eat the less weight you'll lose. Personally I love having a bit of chicken now and then, and really enjoy it. It will let you stay in ketosis (although no idea about quorn, but assuming that's also very low carb then you'll be fine)

It really depends on your attitude to the diet - I wouldn't have dreamt on nibbling things when I first went on Cambridge but this time I usually have some chicken or tuna every day, because I am OK to have lower losses (don't think it makes that much difference anyway), I know I can stop and I have less to lose. xx

Back