What's the most motivational thing anybody has ever said to you?

livi

Committed Loser
I'd love to know...we could help each other! My fiance gave me my motivation by telling me to prove my bullies wrong... I want to be able to put the "I can lose weight but you'll always be ugly" line to good use :) lol

My boyfriend motivated me to start on slimming world. After months of bingeing and becoming depressed he tried to cheer me up by taking me shopping but that was a disaster and ending up with me crying in the changing rooms at next cos i could not get in to a pair of size 18 jeans :( Later on that day he went and bought me wii fit plus with money he had been secretly saving up and surprised me with it when we got home. He has been really supportive and wasnt putting pressure on me to lose weight and is always there if I am having a bad day. Could not of done this without his help.

when my sister in law said, "how many times have you joined SW now" plus this wasnt to me but it was something that "Cocktail Princess" said
Ok- let the butt kicking commence:

Number 1- go and weigh yourself NOW. This will not be pleasant and it will upset you, but it is reality and you need to face up to it.

Number 2- accept responsibility. You must now consider each food decision going forward as your CHOICE. No-one is going to force you to follow plan or fall off the wagon- that decision can only be yours. If you are happy to accept the consequences of that decision then do it. E.g. No point in saying "It's not fair, I can't have that cake" because you CAN have the cake, you just have to accept that the cake (in portions that go over syn allowance) leads to weight gain and unhappiness- so only eat the cake if you can accept that outcome.

Number 3: Don't make excuses- I think this is the BIGGEST diet mistake. It is so tempting to start thinking "It's not my fault it's my genes" "It's not fair because thin people eat more than me" "It's a special occasion so I am 'allowed' a treat" "I'm not feeling 100% today so it's only fair that I get to overeat" "If I enjoy it, it will be worth it"- we are all guilty of this but it got us fat. I can find an excuse to eat every minute of every single day and that is why I ended up morbidly obese.

Your life at the moment is unhappy due to your lack of control over food and the resulting weight problem. TODAY IS THE START OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Let's make it brilliant- think now of going on days out without worrying about your size or walking into a clothes shop and putting on that fabulous dress, or going out with your family and not getting out of breath at any exersion or going for a night out and not feeling like the fat person. Think of living longer and reducing the risk of blindness, heart disease and diabetes, think of feeling attractive and confident- focus on these positives and make choices that get you closer to your goal- give yourself longer on earth to truly enjoy the new you.

This is not for wimps- you have to FIGHT for it- get on those scales and get on with the rest of your life on YOUR terms

my partner and i having a heart 2 heart about me..
he said 'i'll always love you for you, but i'll love you more if you could love yourself'

nd he's right i hate myself now its time to kick myself up the butt..

also same really it be good to walk by my bullies and think.. 'im better than you'

One of my friends bought me a little fridge magnet thing to keep my food diary stuck to the fridge with - It says:

Confidence is feeling satisfied with who and what we are.

This makes me smile every day!

yea... my mum always said to me its in your genes your big bones.... i said to have you ever seen a big boned skeleton? .... 'no' then i just fat LOL

"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always got!" - it was only up to me to change, to stop making excuses, to stop drinking that extra glass of wine, or eating that extra chocolate in order for me to loss weight and be fit, healthy and fabulous for the rest of my life xx

I like that one devon dumpling... My God, I'm big enough now but if I'd carried on living on takeaways I wouldn't have anything cos I'd be dead. I'm 22 and want a social life and a family...God forbid any fertility problems or anything like that, but why, when I know the risks, was I taking them?

I have always been most inspired by negative comments. It's the "I'll show you" thing in me. If anyone says to me that I can never do something, I have always proved them wrong.
My hubby loves me the way I am, but he did tease me and call me names like "flabby bum" and that made me want to do it!
But more than anything, I do it for me.
When I am happy with myself I really don't care what others think or say!

Someone quoted Einstein at me: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result".

It turns out that it might not have been Einstein who said it, because if you Google it there are lots of different attributions, but who cares!

I think my nanna once said to me i looked like i had gained a little weight (she loved me very much so she didnt tell me i was a little piglet and had got horribly overweight) and as much as she loved me, she said i looked better when i was a bit slimmer.

I love my nanna SO much, and she isnt here with us anymore - but I want her to see from heaven how well i am doing at this losing weight game.....i think she would be quite proud.

Plus my nanna is always right.............x

thats sounds silly as my reason to lose weight, but i dont have any motivational things other than this....

oh one thing i remember hearing was when you want some chocolate or whatever - say to yourself:

This isnt the last time I will ever have this....

and sometimes you dont end up needing/wanting it so badly!

What a great thread!

My motivational motto is "If you can change something, do so. If not, accept it". So it was basically a toss up between accepting my size 14 ar$e or doing something about it. I knew I was very unhappy about my weight and knew it was something I would never accept so I decided to do something about it. No point complaining about something and then doing nothing to change it. If you do nothing to change your situation then shut up about it!

oh one thing i remember hearing was when you want some chocolate or whatever - say to yourself:

This isnt the last time I will ever have this....

and sometimes you dont end up needing/wanting it so badly!

I like that one......often it is the simplest things that have the greatest effect. I need to start thinking this way and as others have said nothing is forbidden, just count it of accept the consequences.

my partner and i having a heart 2 heart about me..
he said 'i'll always love you for you, but i'll love you more if you could love yourself'

nd he's right i hate myself now its time to kick myself up the butt..

Awww that made me :cry: its the kind of thing my OH would say, but my weight is touchy subject so I don't think he dare venture on to the subject:eek:

Back