What's the point of Waitrose?

Ah, lavender! There is a lavender farm in the Cotswolds, not far from Broadway, which I have been to a few times.

You wander around the lavender fields, breathing in that wonderful smell and imagining yourself in Provence, then you pop across the road to the cafe and have lavender scones with clotted cream.

(Well, I used to. Don't do that any more, of course!!)

Waitrose half fat Caesar dressing is 2 syns a tablespoon, and the essentials french dressing is 1.5 syns a tablespoon, and both are really good.

Ah, lavender! There is a lavender farm in the Cotswolds, not far from Broadway, which I have been to a few times.

You wander around the lavender fields, breathing in that wonderful smell and imagining yourself in Provence, then you pop across the road to the cafe and have lavender scones with clotted cream.

(Well, I used to. Don't do that any more, of course!!)

I had lavender in the past..it's like eating soap...yuck!

Well, I ordered my shopping yesterday and had a go on that mysupermarket.co.uk comparison site that someone mentioned and Waitrose was more expensive but not by as much as I had expected. I picked Tesco in the end, but not just because of the price difference, more that I couldn't get certain things in Waitrose, whereas I could get almost everything (or at least a similar replacement) in Tesco. (Probably wont use that mysupermarket thing again tho, my Gawd it took about 2 hours! :eek: Still, at least I know what's cheaper where and stuff now).

I made an order that will last us a couple of weeks or more, (not counting fresh stuff I will have to top up like lettuce etc) and Tesco was £153.65, Waitrose was £172.05, so saved me about £20, which is quite a bit but still less than I expected. Enough for several bottles vino anyhoo :D

Did I put this in the right thread? :confused: How did I end up here? Helloooo? *shaky head*

I did this the other day, replied to some thread then found out I was on the WW board and people were looking at me gone out. :rolleyes: I think I sometimes pass space-time warps without noticing or knowing how I did it. I wish I could do it to order, now that would give me skillz. :cool:

Did I put this in the right thread? :confused: How did I end up here? Helloooo? *shaky head*

I did this the other day, replied to some thread then found out I was on the WW board and people were looking at me gone out. :rolleyes: I think I sometimes pass space-time warps without noticing or knowing how I did it. I wish I could do it to order, now that would give me skillz. :cool:

Yes you are right here :)

@Jaylou: What fits in with Waitrose? Edible flowers??

((( Hello Waitrose fans )))

I'm hoping to go to a Waitrose soon as they stock Littles flavoured coffee and its cheaper there than it is in Julian Graves! So, are there any Waitrose brand things that are bargains syn-wise ? I do mostly green days but do eat fish. Anything worth looking out for ?

Back