What's the point?

MrsF16

Well, I have just come back from my first weigh in, I have stuck to plan 100% all week and lost the grand total of 1lb!

I'm so upset and frustrated, I stuck to it 100% and I lost 1lb...... and that was probably only because I went for a pee before I got weighed.

:cry: :confused:

I was planning on having a treat (within syns) tonight, and now Im not in the mood to eat anything at all.

A pound is a pound and its better off than on.....

and if it was only down to having a peeeee then that was one mighty peeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!:)

Seriously though... some of us don't have big loses the first week we started Slimming World. Sometimes it takes ages for our body to catch up with the chnages. And it all depnds on a lot of different factors as well.

And not eating anything might backfire on you as well. Are you having enough syns anyhow? Take the plan to the max and you might get max results. Have you got a food diary either we or your consultant could have a glance over?

I've said too much.... I just wanted to give you hugs....

Whats the point? To achieve your dreams.... thats the point!

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

I lost 1/2lb my first week so I know how disheartening it can be. I worked out loads as well. I found that I lost more weight every second week.

Stick with it!

I only lost 1lb my first week! I was gutted and felt exactly the same but it does come off have faith xx

Okay, trying not to get annoyed here. What's the point? A pound is two packs of butter that are not on your body anymore. A pound is being 5% closer to your target. A pound a week is nearly 4 stone over a year. A pound a week is what most of us aim to lose. A pound a week is what most of us are over the moon to lose ... so please don't put it down. ;)

I lost 1lb in my first week too. Nothing wrong with that. Am now 2lbs off my 2 stone award,

So - whats the point?
The point is that even if you loose 1lb a week thats 52lb a year - nigh on 4 stone.
The point is that you are eating a more healthy diet which will ultimately mean you are more healthy - you are likely to livr longer as a result.
The point is that if you stick to it you will be able to go out & buy nice new clothes in sizes you never dreamed of being able to buy, in shops you never dreamed you'd be able to go in.

As Circles says, plenty of people lose 1lb a week - there is no such thing as ONLY a pound when it comea fo a loss.

1-2 lbs per week is completely normal weight loss. I know I would like to be at target ASAP but it takes time. Good luck, Slimming World really is a brilliant plan, just stick with it.

Another thing I highly recommend is keeping a food diary. If you ever get stuck, your consultant, or someone on this site, can take a look at it and give you advice.

This is your first week - Now I don't know, maybe you have done Slimming World before and know the plan, but if not, and this is actually your first ever week on SW, maybe you weren't as 100% as you thought - I know that in my first week, as far as I was concerned I was 100% but I now know that I was counting something as a HeB when it wasn't allowed as a HeB, neglecting my one-third superfree, and getting syn values wrong, it takes a few weeks to get a real feel for the plan.

I'm not saying you made the same mistakes I did, but it's just a thought :)

I lost 6 1/2 lb in my first week but since then I've been losing an average 1/2 lb a week so I know the disheartened feeling (especially as I'm doing 3 x1hr Zumba classes and 3x interval training sessions a week!!!) However due to some medical complications I had to have an ultrasound at the end of January to be told I have gallstones, a fatty liver and kidney issue. I had another scan on Friday and my liver has improved. So as much as it's not dropping off the outside it's obviously doing good on the inside. and I've not had any gallstone pain since changing my lifestyle. Keep at it, you'll feel so much better :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I put on 2pm on 1st wk and I was really good 100% on plan!! Day after I got weighed I had my period, next weigh in lost 3lbs.

Your cycle can have lots to do with your loss/gain, stay focused and don't give up.

Good luck xx

I just don't understand how the first time I did SW 3 years ago I lost 6lbs in my first week and this time I only lost 1lb?! Im completely demoralised, I would be happy with 1lb off for my 2nd, 3rd and even my 43rd week, but not week 1....

I need to lose about 3 stone in total, my club 10 is my first target just because I couldnt face setting my target as 3 stone, because its so far off and I needed something more attainable to keep me motivated.

I keep a food diary on paper, and write everything down before I even eat so I can plan for my whole day of food.

I've been having about 8-12 syns each day, the most I had was on Sunday when I had 14 syns. Im veggie so do green, and have 2 hexa and 2 hexb each day.

Am not having any tea tonight, am just sitting here feeling cross with a cuppa.

MrsF16 said:
I just don't understand how the first time I did SW 3 years ago I lost 6lbs in my first week and this time I only lost 1lb?! Im completely demoralised, I would be happy with 1lb off for my 2nd, 3rd and even my 43rd week, but not week 1....

I need to lose about 3 stone in total, my club 10 is my first target just because I couldnt face setting my target as 3 stone, because its so far off and I needed something more attainable to keep me motivated.

I keep a food diary on paper, and write everything down before I even eat so I can plan for my whole day of food.

I've been having about 8-12 syns each day, the most I had was on Sunday when I had 14 syns. Im veggie so do green, and have 2 hexa and 2 hexb each day.

Am not having any tea tonight, am just sitting here feeling cross with a cuppa.

I know it is easier said than done but please dont sit here beating yourself up about only losing a pound. Im talking from personal experience ive given up on diets so many times cos i wasnt losing weight quick enough for my liking. But ill tell you all that happened i just gave up and kept putting on weight and well here i am with two stone i want to lose. From what youve written on your past posts you do seem to swing towards not eating much but this tactic hasnt got you to where you want to be either so please dont fall back into this. I know its frustrating and its easy feel upset but dont give up cos that is just defeating the purpose in the long run.

I can understand why you are upset at 'only' losing 1lb in your first week. Despite knowing about fluctuations/menstral cycles etc I would feel exactly the same.

Please give it another week. Really go for it again like you have this week. I really do think you will be feeling a whole different feeling this time next week if you do.

1+lb+fat.jpg

Thats what you have lost this week. Thats a bloody great achievement, dont be down hun! xx

This is the very same picture I post on another forum I use whenever someone says they only lost 1lb - it is now mostly referred to as losing a mug of fat lol.

It is disheartening on your first week though when you see other huge losses at that first WI. You might get a good loss next week instead though, that's what happend to me at my last WW attempted - a mug in my first week, then 4 the next week. So you never know, stick with it and give it a chance and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Have you been dieting prior to joining as well? That could be why, as I have always found my good first WI losses have been when I've gone straight from eating crap to joining a slimming club but if I've been going it alone beforehand I don't. It's disappointing but - remind myself that its not my first WI, its my first on these scales and therefore my one mug is not only respectaable, its recommended.

Xx

When I first did SW years ago I lost 5lbs in first week, this time round slightly older and wiser I STS I would have been happy with "only a pound" but week 2 and I've lost 2lbs!

Stick with it and maybe count every two weeks? Some people fluctuate over the entire week

are you eating enough syns? sounds silly but not enough syns you aren't eating enough this is why i want to increase my syns

I just don't understand how the first time I did SW 3 years ago I lost 6lbs in my first week and this time I only lost 1lb?! . . . .

Because you are not the same person as you were three years ago. Nothing about you is the same. Everything is three years older!

Don't make a judgement based on just one week's experience. It is far to early to be giving up!

9k=

Last edited:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/160171-nsvs-non-scale-victories.html

Maybe take a look at the Non-scale victories thread to cheer yourself up. Not all our yay moments at SW come from losing numbers.
Here's one for you...

1) You've taken the step to return to SW and regain control of your diet.

I'm sure you can have a Pollyanna moment and think of another to go with it! Even if it's tongue in cheek.

Keep positive. Even if you lose it at a 1-2 lb a week, you will be at target by the end of summer. Isn't that better than potentially continuing to gain?? don't see that it's much of a choice.

Back