Whats the strangest thing you have eaten

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
Still luving EE. Just had the most gorgeous lunch of pork shoulder steak in a home made bbq sauce (2 syns) new potatoes and salad stuff with reduced coleslaw (100g for 3 syns). Pilled it high tucked in and feel fed, oh joy!

Bin looking through cookery books for insperation and came accross this ..

Fresh strawberries mixed with cucumber salad, anybody else heard of this? Sounds strange but think I might give it a go. Strawberries and pasta sounded strange till I tried it and now we love it.

I have posted the recepies for both these a bit further down the posts so you can give em a go if you want xx

Last edited:
Hiya!

I had my strangest meal yet last night, Batchelors mild curry savoury rice with chopped up ocean sticks and light mayo. Wasn't the best but was only 1 syn :p

Pasta and strawberries? Do you just mix cooked pasta with the fruit, or is there more to it than that? Sounds intresting!

Hiya!

I had my strangest meal yet last night, Batchelors mild curry savoury rice with chopped up ocean sticks and light mayo. Wasn't the best but was only 1 syn :p

Eeew!!! :( Sorry, I don't like the sound of that.

I had the mild curry savoury rice yesterday with a steak bap and caramelised onions...no syns and roll as HeB :)

Freshly ground black pepper is good on strawberries! (and free)

I know, it actually looked horrible too and wasn't that nice. We've just had a new fridge delivered and yesterday I was trying to use up the chilled food that would go off as we can't use the new fridge til tomorrow!
I believe they use Strawberries a lot in salads in Yorkshire, I've been to two different places where strawberries and other fruit were on the salad included with savoury foods like chicken and bacon melt and a ham sandwiches.

I have had strawberys and grapes in a warm chicken salad with mustard and that was lovley. never heard of it in pasta though :)

I've had frogs legs before... oh... and escargot. (that's snails in case you didn't know...) Well, I HAD to try it. :p

YUCK

I ate garlic snails once and they were strange. They had a weird texture and once I caught a look of the wiggly bit they slither along on, I could eat no more! Still turns my stomach now.
Oh and i've had Chicken gizzards(spelling???). They just tasted like pork, strangely enough! :confused:

Pasta and strawberries? Do you just mix cooked pasta with the fruit, or is there more to it than that? Sounds intresting!

I love pasta and raspberries, just cook some pasta and add a handful of fresh or frozen raspberries and a sprinkling of sweetener, it's lovely!!
Also pasta and nutella, yummy but sadly not free like the raspberry one!

I often have strawbs and grapes in a mixed salad, love the sweet and savoury combo.

I've had frogs legs before... oh... and escargot. (that's snails in case you didn't know...) Well, I HAD to try it. :p

i had frogs legs last night! lol :D

OH found out that the local shellfish bar sells them for 50p each so i had two. i've had them before and i love them :)

escargot is one of my faves... haven't had it for years though :cool:

They do! They taste like chicken but with a much more delicate texture - yum yum :D

i would have thought so! just count the same amount in weight as chicken i reckon :)

OH found out that the local shellfish bar sells them for 50p each so i had two.
Ha ha so you had a pair. Wonder if they were from the same frog :D
I love whole gerkins dipped in low fat cheese spread

Back