What's Up With That???

sugar_lipswales

Silver Member
I'm sure loads of people have ranted endlessly about this but what's the deal with clothes these days? I'm proud as punch that I'm now 1lb off losing 7 stone and can fit into a size 16 but do you think I can find clothes that fit properly?
I think 'muffin tops' should be made illegal and every pair of jeans I find sit very low on the waist and even regular rise ones are too low, causing said 'muffin top'!
I've slogged my way through every shop in town and I'm now very depressed. What was the point in losing all this weight if I can't find anything that fits me? My current jeans are going to be around my ankles soon and there's going to be nothing I can do about it lol!
Does anyone have any suggestions for shops that sell jeans that actually come up to your waist and fit properly in the hips?

Hey hun - go to Dotty P! Trust me. Some of their jeans don't come up high, but some of them do. I have an amazing pair of dark grey skinny jeans that come up over my hips and fit so comfortably. They are made from a very forgiving material with a stretch in them. They are 16 and they are awesome.

Believe me, i know what you're going through, but for me, Dotty P all the way hun x

Oh, and i also got a super cheap pair from New Look in a 16 the other week for a tenner, great fit! You need to root though, their jeans section can be a pain in the bum.

Another vote for Dotty P here :D I wear size 16s, ( the skinny flare ones), and they fit perfectly. Don't know if they're still got a special on them, but when I bought mine it was 2 pairs for £25 :)

xx

yeah they always have that 2 for 25 offer on, and I do have about 4 pairs of them because of that. My grey ones were not in the offer though, and they are my favourites. I also have a pair of black pinstripe skinnies that were not in the offer that are so comfy. You might have to spend a bit more for a better fit as i found some of the 2 for 25 pairs didn't have as much give in them, but either way, Dotty P is the best!

I guess it depends on your shape, but I'm a 16-18 and find tescos jeans a good fit. I normally buy the ones that cost about £15. I really want some jeggings but am having a similar problem as sugar lipswales, they seem to slide down my body no matter what size I try, and don't even think about sitting down in them!

Another vote here for Dotty P jeans. I am only 5ft tall and find their short length great with heels and they do fit really well.

What size are you? I have some from America from a shop called Lane Bryant (kinda like Evans - it's THE big girl store in America) and they do what's called Right Fit. They are really good. I have 2 pairs that I'm willing to part with. One of them I'd have to charge you for as they're BNWT and I'd be taking them back to America and getting a refund. I'm only 5'3" though so they might be too short for you.

I've had good monsoon and next ones off ebay for very little money! Amazing weightloss by the way! Wouldn't let me rep you!

Last edited:
I'm sure loads of people have ranted endlessly about this but what's the deal with clothes these days? I'm proud as punch that I'm now 1lb off losing 7 stone and can fit into a size 16 but do you think I can find clothes that fit properly?
I think 'muffin tops' should be made illegal and every pair of jeans I find sit very low on the waist and even regular rise ones are too low, causing said 'muffin top'!
I've slogged my way through every shop in town and I'm now very depressed. What was the point in losing all this weight if I can't find anything that fits me? My current jeans are going to be around my ankles soon and there's going to be nothing I can do about it lol!
Does anyone have any suggestions for shops that sell jeans that actually come up to your waist and fit properly in the hips?
One of the best places for normal people to shop is Old Navy if you have one where you live.

I find M & S the best for me, they have a few different styles but they have a label that says they sit on the waist. They have them in the cheap range and in Per Una.

I do not know! Cus i am not a jeans lover, but after reading so many of you wearing jeans i might treat myself!

I am loving my leggings, long wooly jumper and my cardi boots at the moment, they are so comfy!

I am gunna go clothes shopping next week with my daughter so will ask her opinion too!!

I fancy a pair of skinny jeans with knee boots? BUT will they make my legs look weird? Cus i am a pear (16 bottom, 14 top) GOK said no to skinny jeans for pear shaped? But i was thinking of wearing them with knee boots, which will even the legs ?

What size are you? I have some from America from a shop called Lane Bryant (kinda like Evans - it's THE big girl store in America) and they do what's called Right Fit. They are really good. I have 2 pairs that I'm willing to part with. One of them I'd have to charge you for as they're BNWT and I'd be taking them back to America and getting a refund. I'm only 5'3" though so they might be too short for you.

That's really generous of you! Do you have any pictures of them you could put up?

I love Jasper Conran at Debenhams, best jeans I've ever owned and can't wait to fit into the again. They hug in the right places and are so comfy I'll be wearing mine to death. Oh how I miss those jeans on my bottom, I will get there though.

Hope you have better luck next time

Back