Whats wrong with me

Mrs JJ

I do really well at work but as soon as I get home I eat loads have a bath and go to bed, I have no enthusiasm for anything, but I have to lose at least 2 st by August and I am running out of time
Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hey Mrs JJ, just browsing around here and came across your post. I used to be like you, fine when I was busy at work, and my laziness still kicks in if I'm at home, esp alone. Despite being married and having two teenage daughters to look after (oh, and our own business!) I can be incredibly lazy - if I let it get the better of me! Changing my job helped because I work more hours for our own business so spend less time at home alone, and I started a VLCD meal replacement diet which instantly took away having to think about eating, ergo no snacking/scoffing either.

I needed to do this, kick start my fat ass and lethargic brain. It was easy to start cos I'd got to rock bottom and my mind was in the right place (y'know, that remote place we lose so easily!) I've lost a stone in two weeks, I'm starting to get a bit more energy and feel a little more inclined to get off the sofa. At first I was exhausted but that's worn off, as has hunger and craving! It's so nice not to have to think about what you can/can't eat. Food is certainly an uncontrollable addiction for me, I was compulsive eating, and that goes hand in hand with lethargy, tiredness and being unfit. I also strongly believe I am suffering with SADS, particularly as we have had such a long winter and crap spring, and my office has barely any natural daylight :-( I don't know about you but I feel immeasurably better when the sun shines and I'm warm!

Hi, thanks for replying

What is the name of the meal replacement you took, is it like slim fast?

I just seem to be hungry all the time, and my job mentally tires me and I find myself reaching for food to wake me up

I have had a very depressing 4 years and it doesn't seem to be getting any better

O well, one day I will find the energy soon I hope

Thanks x

Oh dear, it sounds like you've been through the mill honey :-(

I'm on Exante. I actually like the taste of all the food packs, the soups are all creamy but I like that, the new carbonara and porridge are my favs, but obviously it does come down to individual preference, some people hate them! I think you can buy individual packs on their website if you want to just try a few but the bumper packs are the most economical.

I did get very lethargic to start with, but that wore off, and the first three days are really tough, but then you don't feel hungry at all. One day I even forgot to have my lunch! You must drink lots of water too, I find it a pain going to the loo so much but tbh I'd rather do that than be fat! I'm on week three and I feel pretty normal now, still inclined to be lazy but I actually thought about getting on the cross trainer last night, that's never happens before! Lol

Any advice you need, just ask (but I have limited knowledge) or just look around here, theres some fantastic and lovely people on here. Good luck :)

hey,

I notice with in my self, as my stress levels go up, my healthy eating and exercise habits go out the window. I then start to get depressed and just end up in a mess.

I agree life is so much better when the sky is blue! I have been trying to learn to cope with stress better. I think that would help me, so I won't end up in a mess.

For being hungry all the time, I would try drinking more. Drink loads, it helps. I have gone from eating constantly all through the day really fatty foods To only meal replacement drinks and a small meal It was hard work.

I think it is possible to loose two stone by august, can I ask what your reason for wanting to loose the weight is. I think sometimes motivation is key. I never really want to do thinks I'm forced into and can sabotage my self :( I think I cant do it, what's the point, this is too hard and then when I fail I turn to my self, and think see told you, you were useless. But its not true!!!

So I think your enthusiasm might kick in if it had good reason to, not just because you tell it to. Does that make sense?
Who don't you try a 10 minute rule? break the cycle. Make your self wait and really think about it. Do I really want to eat this. How will I feel after. Why don't you come on hear after work? read all the new posts and comment then have a bath? :D :D :D lol make a new habit. Put photo graphs on the fridge. An outfit you would life to fit in to, and a picture of you at your heaviest? That worked for my mum. Every time she went to the fridge she saw a picture she hated. So she stopped going to the fridge.

Are you a planning type of person? I don't do lists and plans very well. But maybe you could make a plan from here till august? that is a stone a month roughly. So 12lb every two weeks, 6lb a week. Its not going to be easy. But people on hear have done it with the meal replacement plans. Then you would not really be buying any food for you to eat loads of? Make a food/meal plan and stick to it. So Monday I had chicken, tuesday I also had chicken, today and wed I had fish. Tomorrow I plan on prawns. All with veg and seasoning but no sauces. They have to be with in the guidelines of the cambridge diet as well.

Most of that works for me, and is just suggestions incase you needed more ideas. failing that. hear are some hugs: :gen126::grouphugg::kitty: and a cat emot just because it is cute.

I am doing a parachute jump for the local cancer people who supported and looked after my mum whilst she was sick, unfortunately she died and I am heartbroken

that is a really good thing to do, but its in shitty circumstances. I bet everyone is proud of you though! I'm soo scared of hights. I got stuck on a cliff in outdoor edd once lol. There are even some bridges I wont walk on. I will find a different way around. Oh and those stairs with the holes.. not cool.

I think I use food as a crutch as well. Something to lean on when I'm tired. I turn in to the cookie monster. Its so hard when life throws lemons not to add loads of oil and sugar and chicken, plus some fried rice and prawn crackers. :gen126: more hugs for you. Fingers crossed you are going to get a break :)

I really wanted to reply and say: There's nothing wrong with you. :)

You just need to find what works for you. I definitely eat more at home in the evenings too. I try to make sure my breakfast and lunch are really good so I have a bit more of an allowance in the evening. I still need a treat so I try to make sure it's controlled - low fat jelly or chocolate mousse. Or see your bath as the treat rather than the food.

Another thing - I try to do something to keep busy. At the moment that's starting a blog but I also do other stuff like the ironing. Get into it before you start snacking.

But mostly, don't feel bad. You're aware of your behaviour and what isn't working - that's great. Try different tips until something works for you.

Good luck xxx

Back