whats your downfall?

My downfall was anything you could think of as "food" - the only thing I DIDN'T like was celery! lol

Now I actually ENJOY eating celery! I still like everything else, but now I simply have it all ...... in MODERATION! I don't want to think I've "given anything up" - that would make me crave it all the more, I think!

Bread has definitely been the most difficult one to "limit" though! I used to use bread for both Hex b choices on red or green AND syn for extra! I don't tend to do that now though - I must be just more used to not eating as much of it?

Crisps!

In the past I could quite happily go through a multi-pack in an hour! Since starting SW i have worcester sauce french fries that I sysn, but in the past i could quite happily have crisps as my evening meal!

I can so relate to this, I could really sit and scoff a whole multi pack bag of crisps (up to 24) in one sitting. When I think of it I actaully feel revolting. I don't even buy them so they aren't in the house now and my hubbie keeps his in the boot of his car LOL. ;)

Cheese - any kind. Even my favourite pudding is cheese cake :rolleyes:. Trying to get my fix through cottage cheese. Love the SW quiche made with cottage cheese

xx

Cheese - any kind. Even my favourite pudding is cheese cake :rolleyes:. Trying to get my fix through cottage cheese. Love the SW quiche made with cottage cheese

xx

I find I have never eaten so much cheese as I now do on SW; last Saturday I even had cheese and biscuits using my HEXA's and B's!

I find I have never eaten so much cheese as I now do on SW; last Saturday I even had cheese and biscuits using my HEXA's and B's!

Mmmm - maybe SW may be the thing for me once I go into maintenance. (Got the quiche recipe from my auntie) Not only can you have cheese but it seems less of a diet and more of a lifestyle choice. Yay!!

xx

Mmmm - maybe SW may be the thing for me once I go into maintenance. (Got the quiche recipe from my auntie) Not only can you have cheese but it seems less of a diet and more of a lifestyle choice. Yay!!

xx

Didn't realise you weren't doing SW, yes, it is definitely a lifestyle choice and everyone on here is really friendly and helpful so lots of support too!

Didn't realise you weren't doing SW, yes, it is definitely a lifestyle choice and everyone on here is really friendly and helpful so lots of support too!

Thanks - I tend to flit around the forum to be honest - I find it interesting reading everyone's journeys and all the options to destination.

Have tried just about everything in the past but never SW as when I saw my auntie's books it all seemed so complicated. I think it's definately time to rethink that as everyone on SW seems to be doing a fab job

xx

Out here in Turkey they make the NİCEST hot fresh bread, so that buttered was a weakness!! Also biscuits, cakes, anything for my sweet tooth and on a sunday my treat night i used to have my homemade spicy chips with cheese (anything stodgy is my problem!)
....and now i'm hungry lol

Before SW I ahd a few, but since starting SW, it's the kids' leftovers. Why oh why don't I leave them be, put them straight in the bin. I am trying to train kids to put them in bin themselves, but i find I find I'm finishing my meal and picking at theirs, and they aren't even leftovers yet.

Lynda

Bread is probably my down fall too, fresh crusty wholemeal bread spread with butter, a couple of slices of WW bread just doesn't kill the cravings sometimes - I am also a hot spicy curry person but I haven't gone without, as the SW curry recipes are excellent.

Beer!!
The larger bottles of Cobra, Stella, etc.
I would have a bottle every few nights, more at the weekend. Eeeeek.
Since I've started SW, I havent touched the stuff and I feel great :D

Mine would have to be crisp and dip. I love Walkers Sensations and Kettle Chips with some nice caramelised onion hummous or guacamole. Yum!! I have tried doing my own version but it just isn't the same!

mine is anything sweet, once I start eating, I can go on until the whole packet / cake is eaten.

I still have sweet stuff in the house, since starting S/W I have not even thought about eating it.

I know I can have some as syns but, if I started I wouldn't stop

fresh bread, butter and cheese

I have two; multipacks - I haven't quite mastered the art of have one and leave the rest.

And being out around lunchtime. Especially with the amount I've been in hospital out patients! I don't trust sandwiches because I never have my book with me, and the prepacked salads either have mayo or some type of sauce/dressing same with pasta/couscous salads.

Oh and ice cream :p

Back