Whats Your Drive To Lose Weight?

My mum used to live in Evans then I introduced her to NL's inspire range and she loves it. She say's the fit is much better and the clothes are nicer and better priced

i just don't try on large sizes in a shop that isn't next, debenhams or evans or somewhere similar. all the cheaper shops the sizes are far too small. saying that, my current work troos are from tesco and fit a treat!!

abz xx

Glanced at my reflection in a shop window and didn't recognise myself. How's that for denial.

Fed up of being the fat, ugly frumpy one at work amongst the 20-something size 10 hotties.

Never want to try on every item of clothing in my wardrobe and sob my heart out because nothing fits properly.

Fed up of buying a new "fat clothes" just to tide me over till I'm slim again, only to keep on buying bigger and bigger sizes.

I never want that niggling doubt deep inside that depite what he says my wonderful OH doesnt fancy me. He deserves a sexy slim girlfriend (which was what I was when we started going out - 5.5 stones ago)

Never want to lie about what I've eaten that day because I am so embarrassed about how much I've eaten and how out of control I am.

Fed up of hiding under layers. Fed up of automatically grabbing a cushion to cover my belly or folding my arms to try and hide myself.

Fed up of automatically panicking and trying to hide my double chin whenever a camera comes out. I used to like having my picture taken, hopefully I will again.

I would like to get back into my Ted Baker LBD!!!

I want to feel like me again

Sorry to wibble on - once the floodgates open and all that!!!!

Carol x

Thanks - you guys are great - who needs psychotherapy when you've got Minimins.

Carol x

wibble on all you like. i feel exactly the same way!! except the trousers i want to get into i bought six years ago to slim into and have put on about 3 stone since!!

abz xx

I'd like to end the diet cycle! I want to be able to enjoy life without constantly worrying about my health/appearance/what I eat etc!

I want to see my beautiful daughter grow up, instead of fearing an early death from stroke, heart disease, diabetes and cancer which all run in my family. I want to promote a healthy lifestyle to her also, so she hopefully will take healthy living seriously and not feel being big and eating junk food is the norm. It currently is in our home right now.

I want to be able to go into Primark and buy some things, and try on clothes in high street stores, instead of buying them and trying them on at home then getting upset when they don't fit or look right.

I also want some Agent Provocateur sets to make me feel womanly again.

I'd like to feel comfortable when eating out, and enjoy my food instead of feeling criticized and stared at because a 'woman of my size should not be eating that'!

Actually most of what Carol said! Especially the wardrobe thing, he amount of times I've been frustrated and upset with myself for not fitting in 95% of my wardrobe!

Sorry...I'm on my soapbox again...

My main reasons for wanting to lose weight are as follows:

Like the previous posters, I am fed up of being seen as the "fat, funny friend". For once when people describe me I would like them to omit the word fat, sturdy or big before any other descriptions!

I am also fed up of aeroplane seats - my thighs are too wide and I find flying so uncomfortable..

I would also love to go on holiday and not have to wear shorts on top of my tankini in an effort to cover my thighs.

I have a really fancy wedding to go to later this year and I would like to look at the photos and be happy with them and not think "my God, I need lipo".

Also, I constantly get comments (like other posters) about my weight by "helpful" colleagues. "ooh should you be eating that" being a favourite. And EVERYONE has diet advice - no qualifications in nutrition required - only a nosy disposition!

Apologies - I tend to rant! But why is it that people believe they can come up to us and offer advice on our weight issue? I wouldn't dream of approaching a "facially challenged" person and offering them plastic surgery advice...!

Also I'm a 25 yr old female and I want to spend the rest of my 20s without my legs rubbing together and also not having to rummage to the back of the clothes rack in shops!

Hi

Just wondered what is driving everyone here to lose their weight. For me its a few things, I am not happy in my own skin, fed up of having to wear plus size clothes and feeling ugly and fat and old before my time. I would also like to do this for my husband and children, so I can do stuff with them, without feeling embarassed.

I want to take up horseriding again and be able to go on long pony treks with my kids.

I have been wanting this for so long, yet I always self sabotage anything good in my life, not this time, I am in this for the long run, for me, my kids and my lovely OH.

Just sending you hugs and a huge lorry load of luck.
I might join you on the pony treks...
You know where to find me if you need anything..

xxx

i want to fit into nice clothes and look good i want my daughter to start school in august with a yummy mummy iwant to be able to get out and about and do things without feeling that i am being looked at because of my weight i want to be smaller than my sisters[petty i know but it has always been the other way around] i want to prove to myself i can do it and i want to like me i think thats about it

Nursebex I'd like to end the diet cycle too! I want to be able to enjoy life without constantly worrying about my health/appearance/what I eat etc! Totally with you on that one.

My main thing is my wedding in September 09. Im sick and tired of crying over not fitting into clothes. Always being seen as the fat sister or friend. I hate when people say .... I look well.... when I havent seen them in a while! Well?? Did I look sick before?? :rolleyes:

I want to be able to wholeheartedly throw myself into my relationship without worrying about my wobbly bits:(. No matter how much Im told he loves me I dont believe him :confused:

I want to be able to run/walk wherever I want to without worrying about the flight of steps to get me there.

I want to stop worrying about what other people think of me. I have huge hang ups as we all do but my hang ups are more about what other people think and what I look like to other people.

I want to one day look in the mirror and say YES thats me! And actually not have to look away.

I could go on forever but whats the point.....Im sorting out my problem now!

I'm going to Borneo/Malaysia/Hong Kong in August and would like to be able to part my thighs at some point during the holiday!

OOo have another one. I'd like to wear knickers that don't roll down my belly when I bend over! YUK!

*secretly hopes someone else has this problem, not just me with my huge saggy baby belly*

Louise, can totally empathise there about the 'you look well' thing. No I don't look well, I look fat and disguting, so do me a favour and just be straight I'm more likely to do something about it if you're honest!

I'd love to not be judged just because I'm large. People automatically assume that because I'm big that I'm thick, smelly, lazy and greedy. When in fact I've got a degree, 3 A levels at A grade and had I not become pregnant just before medical school I'd also be a doctor.

I'd love the guts to put people right about their shallow and very sad judgements. That's stereotyping for you though isn't it :(

Woah, does anyone else need the soapbox :eek:

Sorry!

i hate it when knickers tuck themselves under your tummy. have of mine fall down because of this. have had to stick to hipster ones with strong elastic :D hee.

i don't think people think i'm stupid because i'm overweight. and people are often shocked at how much i actually weigh. apparently i don't look as heavy as i am.but i don't think that's a good thing as it's just meant that it's taken me forever to do anything about it even though all the health risks are exactly the same!!

i can't remember noticing people telling me i look well... but they probably have done... it's the 'elevator look' i hate. i just feel like telling people to f*ck off at that point. although i'm also great at kidding myself about how fat i look.... maybe i'm just delusional :S

abz xx

OOo have another one. I'd like to wear knickers that don't roll down my belly when I bend over! YUK!

*secretly hopes someone else has this problem, not just me with my huge saggy baby belly*

I don't even have the baby excuse - and even my big pants do that!!!!

Carol x

My reasons are I'm sick of being fat, I have rheumatoid arthritis and the pain in my knees tells me to get this weight off, even though it was the steroids off the doctor that put me to this weight, and over indulgance...lol. I have a beautiful size 16 dress in my wardrobe and want to fit into it. Also since starting W8 my ankles have stopped swelling, so I might fit into some lovely shoes tooo. And with the arthritis I have probs pulling my knickers up and down as my arms are stuck, and if I was slimmer I would be able to pull them up with ease, and if that aint enough of an incentive I don't know what is..... Good luck everyone.

I have no idea of where to start. I'm think it can all be summed up as I'm just tired of being uncomfortable. I'm very uncomfortable in my skin. The bigger I got, the worse that it got. I was at a point where I didn't want to meet new people or even have people look me in the eye because I didn't want to "offend" them with my size.

I'm uncomfy being the "fat but funny" friend. Gathering with some friends and feeling like the jolly green giant. Once while going clubbing with some skinny friends, some random guys yelled out of a car window at me "you know, there is a weight limit." I wanted to crawl into a hole and never been seen again. I don't want to live like that anymore. I want to be able to go into a clothing store with my "skinny" friends and not feel out of place. That one is a big one for me. It sounds petty and shallow but thats a big inspiration for me.

I want to be happy being me. I want to love myself and be comfy in my skin. I want to lose weight so I can truly live and not be afraid anymore. Thats my reason.

My trigger to lose weight is the fact that I am going on holiday in September with my lovely other half. My lovely other half has said very little about my weight directly but I know that he wasn't happy with it. He is a gym bunny and keeps himself very fit. He doesn't understand why people would want to be overweight and he kind of views it as self abuse, the fact that people over eat. It's strange really because I have now learnt to leave food on my plate if I am full. He tends to eat whatever is put in front of him. Because of the exercise he does he gets away with it but he is very intelligent and knows that if he didn't do so much exercise he wouldn't get away with it.

He enjoys walking, we both do, but because I piled weight on, it's restricting what I can do with him and I would love to tackle the big stuff with him so the weight thing for me is that I want to do more physically, also start running again.

My other goal is to be able to go to our company do in December wearing a size 10 little black number.

I have put on two stone over the last couple of years and the difference in what you can do physicall astounded me.

The turning point for me was when my size 20 skirt was getting tight. I realised i couldn't put off the diet any longer and face my problem. If i didn't tackle it now it would soon be a 15 St or probably a lot more problem. I had somehow convinced myself that being a size 18 and just over 14 stone wasn't that bad - looking back i'm horrified i let myself get that big.

So, i'm fed up of being 'plus size'. I don't feel sexy any more, even though my husband never complains about my weight.
I want to be able to exercise again and get some stamina back.
I want to be able to go out and not compare my size to ever one else.
Much the same as other peoples posts.

I want to eat like 'normal people'. To have a reasonable sized meal and be happy with it.
Another turning point - when my husband said one of my snacks would be a full meal for someone else. Made me stop and think.

Back