Whats Your Drive To Lose Weight?

I want to lose weight because im sick of feeling fat and frumpy and unfit,
My joints hurt all the time and i feel about 150 argggggg im only 37
Im also sick of not being able to buy clothes that i like it would be nice to walk into the shops and not feel like the assistants are sneering at me,
After reading the posts its nice to see there are other ppl feel like i do and it sure makes me feel better about myself thanx everyone

This weather is a perfect example of why I want to lose weight! It's so uncomfortable

Thanks for all the replies to the thread. I see a lot of us are doing this for similar reasons:)

I have thought of another reason and that is going the Dr! I hate going the Dr's, I always think they are judging me and that whatever complaint I go with, I often think, they are thinking its because of my weight, even though they have never really said that to me:rolleyes: Does anyone else feel that, or I am just paranoid:busted:

I think the more I think about it, the more reasons I find and yeah to look better, is deffo one. I am not a very confident person and I am hoping this will boost that.

One day I would like to be able to perhaps train to be a nurse or a dietician even, although i'm 36 now, so perhaps its a bit late to retrain:sigh: I like helping people and I think I am quite a caring person, it would be very worthwhile I think to change peoples eating habits for the better:cool:

Anwyays, I know we can all do this, my weight is coming off incredibly slowly at the moment, even though I am sticking to it and trying really hard, but at least its coming off.

I'm gonna write my list out and stick it on the fridge, not to stop me from cheating, as I don't really wanna cheat, but to just remind myself, why I am doing this and why its so important:D

Best of luck everyone, hope we can continue to support each other, anyone feel free to PM me.

XXX

Thanks for all the replies to the thread. I see a lot of us are doing this for similar reasons:)

I have thought of another reason and that is going the Dr! I hate going the Dr's........

Yep, if they can't do you for the fags, they'll get you for the fat...........and while they're at it they'll collar you for a tetanus booster and a smear test too!!!! :rolleyes::D

If you go from sedentary to active you generally WON'T lose weight immediately. You WILL start to put on muscle and your muscles will hold extra water (in the form of blood swelling) for a couple of weeks as they adapt to the increased activity. Getting a doctor or gym to accurately measure your Body Mass Index will help you to guage if you are changing from fat to muscle - this needs to be measured to be truly accurate, an online chart won't be effective as it can't account for your specific and unique physiology.

One day I would like to be able to perhaps train to be a nurse or a dietician even, although i'm 36 now, so perhaps its a bit late to retrain:sigh:

Hiya :)

Just a quick message to say that you are never too old to go to University to train! When I was doing my midwifery degree, there were 2 ladies there who were in their mid 40s. They excelled on the course and one got a 1st for her degree (most of the girls my age scraped by with a 2:2 and were happy with it! :eek: )

If you don't have recent quallifications, ie within the last 3 years, then prehaps look into an access course at college. They are tailored for mature students and you'll meet tons of like minded people.

Just a thought though, I hope I haven't just taught Granny to suck eggs :eek:

Eeekk not calling you a Granny BTW! You're not even old! I'm only 9 years behind you! ;)

If you need anymore info or advice or anything just give me a shout x x x x x

You WILL start to put on muscle

You wont put on muscle. You can't build muscle if you are on a calorie deficit. It's just not possible. You can preserve the muscle you have though.

I’d like to lose weight for many reasons, most of them fairly trivial but they seem important to me at the minute.

- So I can walk into a clothes shop and not panic that they might not have my size. Right now I do most of my clothes shopping on my own, because it’s too embarrassing to bring skinny friends along and watch them picking up dresses in a size 10, while I root around for some size 18 jeans and hide the tag quickly so they can’t see. :sigh:

- To reduce my BMI. I learnt recently that I am categorised as obese, which I found both embarrassing and revolting. I would love to get my BMI down to around 22.

- So that I can easily buy boots to fit my calves, blouses to cover my boobs, etc. Being overweight has crushed my confidence and I think if I were slimmer, I would get a lot of it back. Hell, I might even have some action in my love life :rolleyes:

good luck hon :) am hearing you about the clothes and especially the boots. i had trouble initially with the evans bigger range!!

abz xx

I'd love nothing more than to be able to go into a shop and not go straight to the back of the rack for the larger sizes.
Also, being able to choose what to wear rather than wearing something cause its the only thing that fits.
And my ultimate aim is to wear jeans this winter tucked into boots! I've never owned a pair because when I was younger even though I wasn't overweight I couldn't get them to fit me cause I was such a funny shape.

good luck hon :) am hearing you about the clothes and especially the boots. i had trouble initially with the evans bigger range!!

abz xx

I've never been in Evans, but most of the shops on my local high street only had zip-up boots and of course, they came nowhere near. I was lucky last winter to find some nice pull-on knee boots for £25, but I doubt I will be as lucky this year until I lose some serious podge :p. Atm, I weigh 13st 2lbs :(

I'd love nothing more than to be able to go into a shop and not go straight to the back of the rack for the larger sizes.
Also, being able to choose what to wear rather than wearing something cause its the only thing that fits.
And my ultimate aim is to wear jeans this winter tucked into boots! I've never owned a pair because when I was younger even though I wasn't overweight I couldn't get them to fit me cause I was such a funny shape.

Jeans tucked into boots look great. In my case they emphasise my thunder thighs, but..it's worth it :D

Back