What's your mantra?

angieee

What are the words you have in your head that help you through the challenges you face with your chosen weight loss diet.

I have a plan......I am sticking to the plan....

I hope I don't need this one..
I fell off the plan

But if I do it will be this one......I got back on the plan.

Over to you :)

''Failure is not an option this time, I never again want to hit rock bottom''

or

''I am a good person and I deserve to be slim''

or

''Im sick of food being my best friend, more to life than stuffing myself with food and feeling crap after. No way is that a best friend''

''Theres a whole life waiting out there for me that doesnt involve abusing food and myself''

I read this article about how self talk inside our heads is often negative...I kinda think of it like that gremlin that was on the learn to read adverts.
I am replacing my gremlin with a lovely caring little angel whispering to me....that's another hour you managed to be good..keep going.

If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Get up and switch it on!!! :D

This too shall pass

I have two mantra's which link:

Food is not my friend. I am not showing myself love, by overfeeding myself and feeling miserable.

I deserve to feel fit and energetic - my diet is helping me achieve that.

Words of wisdom I received from my brother (which he may have got from someone on here, or may have made up himself...):

No food tastes so good that it's worth staying fat for.

"Come on woman!!"

Stuck on my fridge, on a big 13 ( my mini goal stone range) with my weigh in weights written on

And once I get there it will be written on big 12!

Brilliant!! Need it....have fallen off the maintanence wagon and need to shift it now and not let it continually creep. If I can go back to my very very old fat eating habits then I can go back to my old healthier eating and exercise habits. I can. I WILL!

Thanks guys....so great messages on here that I have- 'post-it'-ed all over the place. Postivie messages....not self hating ones.

I have an 11 on my fridge now

i'm not really a mantra-y person, but there are two phrases which encapuslate my absolutist approach to the Cambridge Diet:

"Eating's Cheating"
and
"I don't 'do' food"

I'm an all or nothing person, I've found myself an all or nothing diet, and this polarised way of thinking is working for me. :)

Keep on swimming

Breathe into love and ensure you breathe out the hate

Dont doubt the dream its the best you can be the dream is the you your lo ging to be so shoulder all burdens there as light as they seem do what you must do but dont ever doubt the dream

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

'Do i want it or do i want a loss on those scales?'

The only way to guarantee failure is to never even try.

This is going to be my signature as soon as I have enough posts. I think it's a good mantra for all areas of life.

I'm really loving both the slimpods and Paul Mckenna CDs. They both complement eachother and work the same way!

I love the phrase "Eat less, Move more, Choose better" from the slimpods. There are various others that come to mind with even the task of eating, chew slowly, put your knife and fork down, and savour the taste like a gourmet. Love it. =]

Back