What's your mantra?

I am practicing staying in the moment with everything. My mantra can be all kinds of things, but I try and make it a gentle nurturing kind of thing. I usually ask myself questions, like: ''If I eat this, will I feel good?'' or ''How will I feel about this choice later?'' I'd rather ask a question than make a statement, it keeps me present rather than feel like I am facing an absolute.

I have trouble with comfort eating... my mantra is "You can't always control what happens, but you can always control how you react to it".

I tend to reward myself with food, like if I get an assignment finished or something then I 'deserve' a treat... well I've been telling myself "If you 'deserve' food, you 'deserve' to be fat!" :p Also something that another member on this board said that really rang true for me "Nobody can stop me, not even myself". Helps with the willpower!

"Only losers complain but winners train and gain" when I am feeling lazy

"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level." bruce lee

The second one I apply to all aspect of my life.

Don't worry because of a blip, just move on with the plan and keep going. It doesn't matter as long as you keep heading in the right direction.

My signature: If you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done.

In general, I try to think that there are people in worse situations than me. I once saw an episode of America's Next Top Model where all but one of the girls were crying, having tantrums etc and taking it too far. The other girl said 'some people have war in their country.' When people around me are stressing over the silliest things, making drama or I'm being stupid, I hear her say that in my head.

As a member of OA my mantras tend to come from there.

'301' - 3 meals, no snacks, one day at a time

'I can do for 12 hours that which would appall me to do for a lifetime.'

Back