whats your meal plans for the week??

*wonders if Ermintrude is taking in lodgers!*

Ha ha, I should do that - lodger pays all the food bills and I do the cooking! Win win! :D

Going mostly green Starting on Thursday:

L: Asian Tomato and Rice Soup
D:Squash, Tomato and Spinach Curry
D: Moroccan Mushrooms and couscous

Recipes needed! On my way to your diary! :)

Going mostly green Starting on Thursday:

L: Asian Tomato and Rice Soup
D:Squash, Tomato and Spinach Curry
D: Moroccan Mushrooms and couscous

ermintrude said:

Oooh not there, all found on another site and emailed to myself! Will post the links in a min, not sure about the curry it looks too simple and will probably be bland so I'll 'do an Ermie' and beef it up lol!

Ooh yumtastic, thanks for that! Add some of those t my menu after ze holidayyyyyz! :)

Hiya could u please tell me how many syns the morrican mushrooms with couscous would be on ee. Thanks

1 red onion = Free
1 tsp olive oil = use Fry Light instead
½ tsp ground cinnamon = Free
1 tsp ground cumin = Free
300g mushrooms = Free
400g can chopped tomatoes = Free
410g can chickpeas = Free
1 tsp clear honey = 1 syn
175g couscous = Free
50g soft dried apricots = 5 syns

Total: 6 syns, divided by however many portions

BTW i was going to swap the dried apricots for fresh, or fresh peach so 1 syn per recipe!

You can alsop use it as part of your HEXB - 65g dried /75g dried-ready-to-eat = 1 HEXB. But once it's divided between portions its nowt anyway really :)

Brilliant thread, I will come by tomorrow, and try plan my week.
Keep up the good work, so I can pinch some of your ideas - which is just what I need

Thanks

I move into a new flat tomorrow and plan to try and do this as much as possible to keep costs down, thanks so much for the ideas so far!

Skulldilocks said:
I move into a new flat tomorrow and plan to try and do this as much as possible to keep costs down, thanks so much for the ideas so far!

My Dort is moving this weekend and my advice to her was to meal plan a fortnight then repeat, you can change it up on the repeat (have chilli instead of spag Bol, curried chicken instead of stir dry etc), that means you only need to think of one fortnights food at a time x

i made the morrican mushrooms enough for 4people with cous cous on sat just for me. But i didn,t like it and it ended up in the bin. Nevermind can,t like everything!

i made the morrican mushrooms enough for 4people with cous cous on sat just for me. But i didn,t like it and it ended up in the bin. Nevermind can,t like everything!

I just found it really bland! I made it for me but shared it with my SU and HE loved it!!!
I think the second recipe will be better.

I just didn.t like the flavour of the spices! Loads of other recipes 2 try! This is the 1st that i didn.t like.

My Dort is moving this weekend and my advice to her was to meal plan a fortnight then repeat, you can change it up on the repeat (have chilli instead of spag Bol, curried chicken instead of stir dry etc), that means you only need to think of one fortnights food at a time x

Sounds good to me Shirleen! Thank you! :)

Back