Whats YOUR motivation?

To be able to shop in 'normal' shops instead of plus size ones, fit into smaller bras & feel more confident in myself x

My motivation is first and foremostly for pure vanity reasons (c'mon that's why we're all doin it right?) but coming a very close second is to learn how to be moderate in all things. I'm an excessive person and have swung from chain smoking 20+ cigarettes a day to stopping cold turkey, drinking wine like it's going out of fashion to being tee-total, abandoning any type of exercise to getting up at 5:30am and running 7k, from binge eating to eating less than 1000 calories a day. So as you can see moderation is a biggy for me! And I think SW encourages that.

To look good in a healthy size 10/12 at my brothers wedding in Africa in August. Only snag is I'm 9 months pregnant so I'm against the clock!! X

To look good in a healthy size 10/12 at my brothers wedding in Africa in August. Only snag is I'm 9 months pregnant so I'm against the clock!! X

Breast feed, do sw (as you are) and post partum exercising when your able to after. You will do it. Plus how many extra calories do you burn being up all night with a new baby.

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

Hi everyone, firstly, this is a GREAT thread!

My motivations are three fold and in this order:

1- Health. I've been EXTREMELY stupid about my weight considering the fact I have two, yes TWO, hereditary heart conditions in my family (my Dad passed away suddenly aged 41 from his and he wasn't even overweight) So, after my mother's (different and unrelated to my Dad's one) diagnosis I guess I put it out of my mind - denial - but an appointment with a frank doctor some years later and I knew it was time to get out of denial. So, for me health is the main one as I'm 25 and the thought that my Dad died only 16 years from my age actually terrifies me.

2 - Appearance. I want to be able to not have to face the panic of trying to pick clothes for a party or night out. I just want to be able to walk into shops and not head up the back/downstairs to the "plus size" section. Oh the indignity.

3 - Confidence. I have made BIG changes at work, taken a job that puts me WAAAAY out my comfort zone and involves a lot of public speaking. I know my stuff and I want to progress and the only thing that's holding me back is me!

:)

Good thread! Firstly for my son I soon get out of breath chasing my 3 year old round and round. And secondly for my confidence since having my son and putting on 3 stone that I have never shifted my confidence has just got lower and lower, I am going away in September and would like to be able to put a bikini on without looking at myself thinking of the flat stomach I used to have compared to what I have now and feeling sick!
Not bothered about the stretch marks ( they are happy scars) from carrying my gorgeous son. But to be flatter would be a dream!

My motivation is to hopefully get rid of my PCOS and have a family. My short term goal is to look good and feel confident for our holiday in Cape Verde.

Hi every one!!! Excellent thread!!!
:slap:
My second motivation goal is to fit to a skinny skinny pair of jeans i bought 2 years ago!!!, but my primary motivation goal this summer i pleaseeeee want to be able to wear brazilian bottoms to the beach!!!! hahahhah!!!!
I used to feel sorry for myself, because i always felt bad about my "fat knees" but NOT ANYMORE! I have decided to start slimming world plus exercise!

I hope by the end of June to see photos of all of you here with results!!!

So....Come on ladies! Lets loose the fat and get sexy abs, butts and legs!!! GOOO GOOO GOOOO!!!

WE CAN DO IT!:clap:

My main reason is for my wedding next May. I don't want to look back at the photos and regret not making the changes when I had the chance. I am also a pretty active person and dragging this excess weight about cant be good for my joints so I want to lose more to improve my fitness.

There are so many I could chose right now but mainly my son. It's just me and him and always has been. I am letting him down by not being able to run when he asks for a race. Time is running out for me. I keep making excuses for my health. My back, sciatica and mental well being. It's all down to being so grossly overweight. The day I realised I was lying to myself was a huge shock to the system. Rambling a bit here. I cant wait for the day when my son says "Cmon mum i'll race ya" and see his face when I go speeding off. He is 12 years old and has Aspergers. He is a little diamond, my motivation. :)

mines to be the yummy mummy i have always wanted to be. i have 2 kids and felt my weigh was a problem with running about after them so now i am dealing with that :)

hello my motivation is my health, i had a heart transplant last year and cause the steroids i put on weight but i want to be as healthy as i can to show i deserve the second chance in life. and also my confidence back. x

Apart from the usual wanting to lose weight, look better, feel better about myself, being healthy, increasing fitness, changing lifestyle etc...

My friend is getting married next year and has asked me to be bridesmaid, we're both around the same height and have been friends since we were 4 years old so I realllllllllly want to be nice and petite and trimmed for her wedding pics so they look really lovely and because I know I will see them all the time for the rest of my life!!

Not to want to cry when I see photos of myself - I'm usually the one taking the photos (hiding behind the camera), but this year the in-laws came on holiday with us and took a load of snaps, and my 8 year old also got a camera, so I've been forced to confront some rather unpleasant truths about how I look to others and how big I have become. Really gutted that the person in those photos is me - I don't recognise myself, because in my head I don't look like that.

Got a big family wedding coming up in a couple of months and don't want to feel like this when I look at those photos as well.

I know this is quite a superficial motivation, compared to the much more important issues of health and fitness etc, but it is the one that has really hit home and made me determined to start again and do this properly this time.

My motivation was to become more healthy. To be able to paint my toe nails without huffing and puffing. To be able to get into skinny jeans without a muffin top. To be able to run with my darling little granddaughter. To be able to buy nice fashionable clothes again with plenty of choice. I stuck at it and got there, and everyone on here who works hard at it with determination,and commitment will get there. :) :) :)

My motivation was to be able to fit into my lovely summer dresses ready for my holiday in August.
Well I managed it by March this year :) and now I just need to maintain it until August and then hopefully we are going to start trying for a baby :)

Back