Whats your motto??

Malc-D

One day at a time
I have noticed that some people (as have i) have motto's at the bottom of each of thier posts.
And some don't.. Please add your motto or motivational saying (etc.)
mine is:

" Change your thoughts and you change your world "

since starting my healthier eating (diet is a naughty word) i believe that the mind has to be in the right place and when it is everything slowly just clicks into place..

i have more that i will post in future if other people find this anyway helpfull.

Mine, as in my signature, is "Reach for the stars, so if you fall you land on a cloud". It's actually lyrics from one of my favourite artists, but to me it has so many meanings :)

I agree Malc, sometimes those few words really help to refocuss your efforts.

My current favourite is: Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. You choose which hard.

Do post some more, I really like to read them :)

Mine when I'm feeling down is my weights took 20 years to creep up it's not gonna disappear overnight if it takes 1 year or 2 years to loose it's only a small amount of time for something that took 20 then I've got my whole life ahead of me! :) yay!!! :) x

I also like "Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels".

I'm not sure the next one is really a motto, but when I'm struggling and contemplating reaching for the biscuit tin, I often say to myself "what do I really want - a packet of biscuits, or a good weight loss this week?" I know which I'd pick each time, without a doubt.

Keep them coming guys, I love reading them. You really can pick up so much motivation from just a few words :)

Mines actually a lyric, but it's the one that keeps me going "It's not over til your underground, it's not over before it's to late"

Great start everyone love your amazing mottos / motivational thoughts..
ok, another from me

" it's not what you eat .. it's whats eating you "

Because so many people are emotional eaters and i totally believe one reason of being overweight is something to do with the mind..

Mine is:
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them!
Those wise words come courtesy of Mr Walt Disney :)

Mine is:
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them!
Those wise words come courtesy of Mr Walt Disney :)

my fave walt disney quote is on the end of 'meet the robinsons' silly movie but thats not important.
the quote or motto is

'keep moving forward'

i like that, very motivational, and thats what i mean by motto.. a saying, a phrase or idea that motivates you. Something that spurs you on and keeps you moving forward too.

I can't remember where mine came from or who is credited with it, but it's so right.'Bad attitude is like a flat tyre. You can't go far without changing it!'

i do like that one

starting to enjoy seeing other peoples motivational thoughts :D

" the difference between a successful person and others, is not lack of strength, not lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will "

I was talking to a friend i bumped into the shops today and we were chatting about allsort of stuff, and this site was mentioned (his wife is doing sw now) and she said to me something great that i thought was so motivating, no idea where she got it from but i'm stealing it :p

' Aiming for healthy not perfect '

so true, so hard to be perfect, but we can all try to be healthy

Last edited:
"The miracle, or the power, that elevates the few is to be found in their industry, application, and perseverance under the prompting of a brave, determined spirit."
Mark Twain

We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde.

Otherwise,,,,If you're going to have one, you may as well have a big one! And look where that got me!

Silly one? 'if your dog thinks you are perfect, why ask for a second opinion' More serious? 'It's never too late'

I have a few....
Vince Lombardi: It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up.

Milton Garland:
My advice is to go into something and stay with it until you like it. You can't like it until you obtain expertise in that work. And once you are an expert, it's a pleasure.

Winston Churchill: Never, never, never, never give up.

David Viscott: You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.

Unknown Author: You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

ps I have so many:

Jim Rohn:
Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Arnold H. Glasgow[/FONT]

Back