Whats your reason for doing LT?

xx Cathy xx

Bye Bye Huge Bottom!
Ok heres a new one, (or probably an old one on its next cycle round!).

What is the reason for you doing LT and what do you aim to achieve at the end of the road?

My reason is: I did LT 2 years ago running up to my wedding. I had only a limited time to shed some weight so only did it for about 2-3 months. My lowest weight I got to was 11st 10lb (see profile pic) and I was 12st when I got married. I was really happy and felt great in my dress but given the time I would have gone lower.

The rest is history, things went kaputt for me and got back into old bad habits pretty quickly and shot up like a balloon! I tried WW for most of last year losing 1 stone then gaining 3 when docs decided to mess with my thyroxine meds.

So after many months of self loathing again and being back at square 1 and then some I have decided to come back to LT. But this time I don't have a deadline to meet and there is no special occasion coming up for me to want to be slim for so this time around it is for me and me alone!

(Sorry for long post on the thread its 1am and I can't sleep lol!)

Hi Cathy, my reason for doing LT is......
this is my second time around on LT, I had my 4th child in November 08 and as with all my children I always put on 4 stone and in past years I've done Weight watchers which takes about 18 months to get back to pre weight. I was about to start WW in Jan 09 when I spoke to a friend who told me about LT.......I am soooooo glad she did, I lost all the weight and more in under 3 months! Just wished I'd known about it when I had my other children.

This time round I've let a bit of weight creep on with holidays and xmas/new year. I only have under a stone to lose but I find LT the best way of losing it.

Hi weill my reason for doing LT for a 2nd time is i'm fat! lol

I am going away at end of feb for a hen weekend and basically don't want to ruin it by worrying about how big i am/look compared to everyone else!! Sorry quite a basic reason but a massive one all the same!

My main reason is I'm going away on hols at the end of June and want to get it off for that. Also, just fed up of feeling and looking like a fat blob! Have tried ww several times but it take soo long to lose it on that. Loads of people at work have lost it on this so thought Id give it a go

hi all my reason for doing LT is this is the 2nd time 1st time round i lost 5st very impressed with myself, went on holiday etc,etc old ways started creping bk in and here i am having put bk on 1.5 stone so need to lose that and the remaining 3st to get me a healthy BMI sorry a bit long xx

Hello Cathy,
well where do i begin...it's always been in the past about the way i look but after gaining 5 stones with my 2nd baby it's now alot more about my health and then looks ;-)
I can really feel the stress on my body, and the fact it stops me from joining in on some things we do as a family because of my size :-(
We are going abroad in May and for once i don't want to feel fat and sweaty. I have over 6 stones to lose, but would be so happy to lose 3 stones by then xx

Back